Clemency Letter to CG

Gentlemen,

As you all know, I am putting a clemency package together for the one verdict upon which I was found guilty of by the members (The 3 charges regarding sexual assault resulted in findings of not guilty. The members sentenced me to "NO PUNISHMENT" and added notes to recommend clemency, NJP/NPLOC, and a letter of apology to USD.

I ask you each to write a letter based on your experiences with me as a Marine Officer and as a Student Judge Advocate. I was selected by the FY11 Majors Board, but my name was withheld at HQMC when cross-referenced with the ODM. My degree has been withheld by USD, pending the finalization of all military proceedings.

At this juncture, I am trying to salvage both my military and legal careers. The clemency would remove the taint of the "federal conviction". A request for a NPLOC, would look administratively better than an NJP when approaching the Manpower Branch to be reinstated as a Major-select.

If you could do this for me in the next week or so, I would greatly appreciate it.

The Commanding General of 3d Marine Aircraft Wing is Major General Thomas Conant. Unless my attorneys mention otherwise, the letters should be addressed to Commanding General, 3d Marine Aircraft Wing; Subj: CLEMENCY RECOMMENDATION FOR CAPTAIN DOUGLAS S. WACKER.

If you have any personal questions, please contact me. If they are legal or process type questions, please refer them to my attorneys.

V/R, S/F

Capt Wacker

Douglas S. Wacker
Captain, USMC
Future Operations Officer
MWHS-3, 3D MAW
douglas.wacker@usmc.mil
Wk: 858-577-6730
DSN: 267-6730
Cell: 858-401-9392

"Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results." ~George S. Patton