My Appearance on The Daily Show

Title: My Appearance on The Daily Show
April 26, 2010

Dear Friend:

Last Monday I had the opportunity to join Jon Stewart on Comedy Central’s The Daily Show.  We were able to discuss the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act, Wall Street reform, and obstacles to the modern political process.  Although The Daily Show is known as a “fake news” outlet, Jon Stewart and the show’s hardworking correspondents look at news and newsmakers with great insight and a brilliant satirical wit.  I am happy to have had this opportunity to connect with my youthful constituents of all ages.  You can catch my interview with Jon Stewart by visiting The Daily Show’s website here.

I would also like to bring to your attention important information about the 2010 Census.  As you may know, federal law requires participation in the Census.  If the Census Bureau does not receive your completed 2010 Census form by May 1, 2010, a Census employee will be knocking on your door to ensure you are counted.  By participating in the Census, you are helping to make sure the 15th Congressional District of Michigan receives the appropriate amount of the $450 billion allocated per year going toward vital services like hospitals, roads, job training centers, and schools.  Census data also helps determine apportionment in the U.S. House of Representatives and state legislatures.  Remember: your information is confidential and will only be used for its official purposes.

Do you have questions about the Census?  The House Democratic Caucus has a fact sheet on the 10 most frequently asked questions, including:

*How can I obtain a Census Job?
*How do I know my information is confidential?
*What do I do if I don't receive a questionnaire?
*What happens if I don't respond?

Click here to find out the answers to these and many other questions.  As always, my office is available to help with concerns and questions about the 2010 Census or any other matter.  You can reach us in Dearborn at (313) 278-2936 or in Washington, D.C. at (202) 225-4071.

Sincerely,

John D. Dingell

E-MAIL UPDATES

Yes, please periodically send me e-mail updates.*

Click Here

*By subscribing to my
e-mail updates, you are authorizing me to send regular e-mail updates from my office to your e-mail account.

 Follow Congressman Dingell on Facebook and YouTube

CONTACT INFORMATION