Fwd: Email Response From Congressman Geoff Davis

please see attached

Have a great day!
Darrin

--- Begin Message ---
GEOFF DAVIS
4th District, Kentucky

DEPUTY REPUBLICAN WHIP

WASHINGTON, D.C. OFFICE:
1108 Longworth HOB
Washington, D.C. 20515
Phone: (202) 225-3465
Fax: (202) 225-0003

CONGRESS OF THE UNITED STATES
HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES
WASHINGTON, D.C. 20515
COMMITTEE ON WAYS AND MEANS
Subcommittee on Trade
Subscommittee on Select Revenue Measures

NATIONAL SECURITY INTERAGENCY GROUP
Co-Chairman

WWW.GEOFFDAVIS.HOUSE.GOV
Dear Mr. Heber:

Thank you for contacting me with your concerns regarding the courts-martial of three Navy SEALs. As you may know, the three SEALs face charges for dereliction of duty and making a false official statement. Additionally, one of the SEALs is charged with impeding an official investigation, and one is charged with assault. All of the charges are related to the detainment of a suspected terrorist in Iraq.

I share your concern. As a former enlisted soldier, West Point graduate and eleven year veteran, I am concerned that the three men be treated fairly in accordance with the Uniform Code of Military Justice. We need to remain patient and allow the military justice system, in which I have great faith, to run its course.

Thank you again for contacting me about an issue of concern to both of us. Please feel free to call me about this or any other matter. To read about my views and positions on a wide range of issues you can sign-up to receive the Fourth District E-Mail Newsletter by visiting http://www.geoffdavis.house.gov/Contact/EmailSignup.htm.

Sincerely,

Geoff Davis
Member of Congress

GD/ak