From: Davis, Ned [mailto:Davis@vsb.org]
Sent: Tuesday, February 09, 2010 2:43 PM
To: Neal Puckett; Norwood, Cynthia; Andrea Brotherton; christopher.m.dunne@uscg.mil; Marcus Brinks; Richard Prevost; Charles R. Allen; Gary M. Bowman; Mark Matthews; Dena Panecaldo; Scott Prince; Matt Smith
Cc: Shaffner, Dolly
Subject: MLS Annual CLE Program Friday, May 14, 2010 at Quantico

Neal,

To follow-up our meeting nearly three weeks ago –

I understand that thus far I am the only one who has volunteered to give a presentation at the Annual Program at Quantico on May 14.  As in the past, I will cover one hour of Ethics CLE.

To round-out the program, we need two more speakers, but I recall that we are without any prospective candidates.  I think that Dena was going to contact someone, but don’t recall any further discussion.

In light of the fact that we have no more meetings between now and May 14, and that the speakers need to be identified at the earliest opportunity to enable them to clear their schedules,

I recommend that you have everyone on the Board of Governors (1) think of some potential candidates to cover a topic of interest and (2) by March 1, report back to you with their recommendations.

I recommend that you or whoever provides you with names, with Dolly’s help, begin contacting the prospective candidates until two have committed.

Without any firm target dates, I am concerned about the program lapsing this year.

If you concur, Dolly can track this and follow-up with the Board of Governors.

Best regards.

Edward L. Davis, Bar Counsel
Virginia State Bar
707 East Main Street, Suite 1500 | Richmond, Virginia 23219-2800
(804) 775-0566 | Fax (804) 775-0597
www.vsb.org | davis@vsb.org

The Virginia State Bar is a state agency that protects the public by educating and assisting lawyers to practice ethically and competently, and by disciplining those who violate the Supreme Court's Rules of Professional Conduct, all at no cost to Virginia taxpayers.