RE: Request extension

I still haven't been able to download an Adsep man, so I'm glad you're
on that.  Have you ever been to GTMO?  It's wonderful in every respect,
except as to telephones and internet.

I agree with all of the below, and would only point out that even if he
didn't get the BCD at trial, he would still then have a federal
conviction that he would not have with the SILT.

As far as the admin processing - you are correct.  However, there is a
current situation in Okinawa where the command has in fact been waiting
to re-assign a Sgt an EAS date purely in order to initiate separation
processing.  This is prohibited, and amounts to a 'legal hold' for
administrative separation --- nonetheless, we found ourselves without
any effective mechanism to compel the command to EAS the guy and stop
end-running the adminsepman.  The real fight there will have to happen
at BCNR.  Would that happen here?  Unsure.  (Lt Rodman was counsel in
that case; she may have more follow-up information --- also

ULTIMATELY - if he winds up with the federal convictions and a BCD, he
is in no worse position than he is now.  Maybe trial is worth the
gamble, especially if the SOLE concern is that OTH.  How worried is San
about the effects of a federal conviction?

I don't know if the command would accept a conditional SILT - and
frankly, the whole reason I've been trying to get an adminman is so that
I can check to see if conditional SILTs are even allowed.

GOOD LUCK.  VR/  Laura