Stop GOP From Resurrecting ObamaCare

Human Events
Below please find a special message from one of our advertisers, ExposeObama.com. From time to time, we receive opportunities we believe you as a valued customer may want to know about. Please note that the following message reflects the opinions and representations of our advertiser alone, and not necessarily the opinion or editorial positions of Human Events or Eagle Publishing.

     ObamaCare was dead... until Republicans decided to give it mouth-to-mouth resuscitation.  The American people had won... until Republicans, as they have so many times before, rushed in to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

     You already know the story. Only after it had become abundantly clear that ObamaCare would never pass... after it was pronounced dead on arrival, Barack Obama asked for a do-over... a mulligan... in the form of a supposedly a bi-partisan televised health care summit later this month.

     Bi-partisan?  Poppycock.  It does not require a MENSA IQ to figure out that Barack Obama did not call this meeting to listen to Republican ideas.  As Rush Limbaugh said, it's a "trap" ... an attempt to paint Republicans as the "Party of No" and possibly bring ObamaCare back from the dead.

     That's why the obvious response to Obama's request for a televised health care summit should have been an immediate and firm "no," but it's apparently not so obvious to some of our Republicans legislators because, they're falling for the trap.

     Someone has to save these Republicans from themselves... someone has to save the American people from the possibility that ObamaCare may come back from the grave... and that someone is us.

Use the button or the hyperlink below to send your urgent and personalized faxes to each and every member of the Leadership of the United States Senate and the United States House of Representatives. It is vital that Republican officeholders hear your message but the Democrats need to hear it as well.

Demand that our elected officials (especially the Republicans) boycott Barack Obama's nationally televised health care dog-and-pony show. Tell them that as far as the American people are concerned, ObamaCare is dead and needs to stay dead and buried. Remind them that the American people have already rejected ObamaCare and that any further discussion of ObamaCare is pointless, fruitless and a grave insult to the intelligence of the American people.

Send My Faxes Now

If button above does not work, please use this hyperlink.

     The New York Times called this televised health care scam "a high-profile gambit that will allow Americans to watch as Democrats and Republicans try to break their political impasse."

     Political impasse? Give me a break. There is no impasse. The American people don't want government-run health care and Barack Obama and the Democrats don't have the votes to pass it.

     Game Over. The time-clock ran out and the American people were ahead... the American people won.  So why are we going into sudden-death overtime?

     And why are Republicans allowing it... enabling it... there is absolutely nothing Republicans can gain from this meeting?

     Either Obama will use the occasion, with a little help from his spin-doctors at CBS, MSNBC, ABC and CNN, to make Republicans look bad and/or Republicans will actually offer concessions and put ObamaCare back on the table.  Both of those outcomes are losing propositions for the American people.

     Here's what Republicans should have said:

With all due respect Mr. President, the American people have already rendered their verdict on ObamaCare. Further discussion would be pointless, fruitless and an insult to the people who elected all of us to public office.

Furthermore Mr. President, we need not remind you that members of your party literally shut Republicans out of the process, wrote the House and Senate versions of ObamaCare during closed-door meetings with liberal special interests, and, in opposition to the will of the American people, pulled every legislative shenanigan in the book to shove ObamaCare down our throats. As such, your offer of bi-partisanship, after having lost, is laughable.

We will not be puppets for your little political theater. If you're really serious about reforming the health care system, meet with members of your own party and tell them to start advancing some ideas that will actually make health care more affordable and more available to the American people such as tort reform and allowing companies to sell health insurance across state lines.  We'll support those measures.

If members of your party are unwilling to go down that road, you can still work with us to advance real health care reform. We'll simply agree to wait until November, when Republicans have recaptured the majority, and place real health care reform legislation on your desk.

That's what they should have said. If we call them on the carpet... they may still say it.

Use the button or the hyperlink below to send your urgent and personalized faxes to each and every member of the Leadership of the United States Senate and the United States House of Representatives. It is vital that Republican officeholders hear your message but the Democrats need to hear it as well.

Demand that our elected officials (especially the Republicans) boycott Barack Obama's nationally televised health care dog-and-pony show. Tell them that as far as the American people are concerned, ObamaCare is dead and needs to stay dead and buried. Remind them that the American people have already rejected ObamaCare and that any further discussion of ObamaCare is pointless, fruitless and a grave insult to the intelligence of the American people.

Send My Faxes Now

If button above does not work, please use this hyperlink.

     FOX News' Greta Van Susteren asked Boehner whether or not he was going to attend the Obama health care summit scam... she asked him twice.

     Boehner tap-danced. He never answered the question.

     And yet, he did acknowledge the idiocy of the entire exercise. At one point he acknowledged posing the question; "Why are we going to talk about a bill that can't pass." He also expressed reservations that he might "walk into some trap."

     Indeed, Congressman Boehner, this televised health care summit scam is a "trap" ... designed to make you and the rest of the Republicans look bad. And since you're going into this trap to "talk about a bill that can't pass"... why go?

     A poster to the FOXNews blog put it this way: "Republicans who want to be reelected would be very wise to decline any such [Obama's] invitation. He [Obama] has lost his credibility. Why should any Republican lose his by association?"

     Moreover, why take the risk that your efforts might actually give new life to ObamaCare and give Obama, Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid the opportunity to start the whole sordid process over again... the secret meetings... the back-room deals... the legislative shenanigans... the repeated attempts to shove ObamaCare down the throats of the American people.

     Haven't we all had enough?

Use the button or the hyperlink below to send your urgent and personalized faxes to each and every member of the Leadership of the United States Senate and the United States House of Representatives. It is vital that Republican officeholders hear your message but the Democrats need to hear it as well.

Demand that our elected officials (especially the Republicans) boycott Barack Obama's nationally televised health care dog-and-pony show. Tell them that as far as the American people are concerned, ObamaCare is dead and needs to stay dead and buried. Remind them that the American people have already rejected ObamaCare and that any further discussion of ObamaCare is pointless, fruitless and a grave insult to the intelligence of the American people.

Send My Faxes Now

If button above does not work, please use this hyperlink.

Floyd Brown

Floyd Brown
ExposeObama.com

P.S. Even if you can not join us in this effort right now, you can still help us expose Barack Hussein Obama by sending this e-mail to at least 10 of your friends.

Paid for by the National Campaign Fund and not authorized by any candidate or candidate's committee. ExposeObama.com is a project of the National Campaign Fund. Contributions are not tax deductible for federal income tax purposes.

Contributions are only used in Federal elections. Contributions are limited to $5000.00 per calendar year from an individual. Federal law requires political committees to report the name, address, occupation and name of employer for each individual whose contributions aggregate in excess of $200 in a calendar year. Contributions may only be accepted from United States citizens at least 18 years of age. Contributions must be made from an individual's personal funds and cannot be made from the general treasury funds of a corporation, labor organization, national bank or from the general treasury of an entity or person who is a federal contractor. Funds cannot be provided to a contributor by another person or entity for the purpose of making a contribution.

ExposeObama.com
PO Box 65450, University Place WA 98464 - 202 465-7192

From time to time we find special opportunities we believe you as a valued customer may want to see. Please note that the following message reflects the opinions and representations of our advertiser alone, and not necessarily the opinion or editorial positions of Human Events or Eagle Publishing. This email was sent to neal@puckettfaraj.com because you are subscribed to Eagle Publishing's Carefully Selected Offers from 3rd Parties email list. Click here to update your email preferences or unsubscribe. Please do not attempt to respond to this message as your reply will route to an unattended email box. If you have questions, please send them to CustomerService@HumanEventsOnline.com.

Human Events | One Massachusetts Ave., N.W. | Washington, D.C. 20001

You were added to the system December 12, 2009. For more information click here.