•  Why CPAC Matters More Than Ever
• Exclusive Talk with Bob McDonnell
• Deficit Hawks vs. Deficit Peacocks
• A Victory Over the Political Machine
• The Lessons of Massachusetts
• What's Going on in Massachusetts?

MORE NEWT >

Newt's quick links
• My speech to CPAC on Saturday, "2+2=4: The Beginning of Principled Bipartisanship."

• At CPAC, Callista and I also debuted our new film about Pope John Paul II, "Nine Days That Changed the World." Learn more here.

• This week, the Americano features the Heritage Foundation's Israel Ortega. Read "Washington Remains Clueless."

• Sign up for a Newt.org membership to receive special updates and discounts.
Our properties
Human Events
RedState.com
Regnery Publishing
Human Events Book Service
Eagle Financial Publications
TOOLS
More Newt
Facebook
Twitter
Sign the KSM Petition!
What Do You Think
Send to a Friend
Printer Friendly
Advertising Opportunities
NEWT'S LIBRARY
February 24, 2010 · Vol. 5, No. 8Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Printer friendly
Your Seat At The Table

Dear Friend,

This Thursday, President Obama and House Republicans will gather for a much heralded "bipartisan healthcare summit."

It remains to be seen if the White House is serious about trying to achieve a legitimate, bipartisan breakthrough on healthcare. Or if they are just looking to create the appearance of reasonableness before they try to shove their massively unpopular, 4,500 page, big-bureaucracy, high-tax, anti-freedom legislation down our throats.

We'll know on Thursday.

It also remains to be seen if Republicans will come armed with their best ideas and invite the White House and Democrats to pass a series of smaller, bipartisan bills that the American people will support. Or if they will miss the opportunity to show "principled bipartisanship" (as I described it at CPAC on Saturday) and fall for the White House trap of portraying Republicans as "the party of no."

Again, we'll know on Thursday.

There is, however, one thing we do know about the summit.

The American people are not invited.
A Word From Our Sponsor
Buy Gold Bars & Coins

Low over spot pricing for a large selection of precious metals. Real time pricing online 24/7. Same day shipping on in-stock items.

Buy Gold, Silver, Platinum today!

At CHT, We're Doing the White House Summit One Better

Fortunately, the Center for Health Transformation has an invitation for you.

This week at www.healthtransformation.net, we are hosting The American People's Online Health Summit.

Like the White House's summit, our online health summit will feature voices from both parties, including Republican Sen. Tom Coburn and former Democratic Majority Leader Tom Daschle.
And like their summit in Washington, D.C., our online health summit will feature some of the country's foremost experts on healthcare, including Julie Gerberding, M.D., former director of the Centers for Disease Control, and Scott Serota, president and CEO of Blue Cross and Blue Shield.

But unlike the White House summit, which will be totally dominated by politicians, The American People's Online Health Summit has a seat for you at the table.

We're discussing common sense, market-oriented solutions to America's healthcare challenges, including steps to stop fraud, creating incentives for better health outcomes, and lawsuit reform to reduce the cost of defensive medicine. According to a Gallup poll released Monday and commissioned by Jackson Healthcare, doctors estimate that one-in-four healthcare dollars are spent on defensive medicine. That's over $650 billion a year we could be saving!

Today we are discussing how health information technology will help cut the waste and inefficiency of a paper-based system and allow us to better analyze health data to determine what hospitals and providers provide the best outcomes and value for your dollar.
Visit www.healthtransformation.net to participate today.

On Thursday, Join Our Live Blog of the Summit

Then, tomorrow on February 25, as the cameras are rolling on C-Span for the summit in Washington, D.C., the Center for Health Transformation's expert panel will be live-blogging the event, providing analysis of the solutions being presented.

We'll also grade the participants on whether they are really trying to find common ground or if they are posturing for the cameras.

You can participate as well. Go to www.healthtransformation.net for information on how to make comments and to sign up for a reminder e-mail when the Live Blog starts.

I will be participating and hope to see you there.

Your friend,

Newt Gingrich's Signature

Newt Gingrich

Send to a friendWhat do you think?More Newt

This email was sent to neal@puckettfaraj.com because you are subscribed to Newt Gingrich's weekly email, The Newt Gingrich Letter through Human Events. To update your email delivery preferences, click here. Please do not attempt to respond to this message as your reply will route to an unattended email box. If you have questions, please send them to CustomerService@HumanEventsOnline.com.

For advertising opportunities please click here.

If a friend has forwarded you this message, visit HumanEvents.com to subscribe to FREE conservative news alerts from Newt Gingrich, Ann Coulter, Pat Buchanan and Chuck Norris.

Human Events  |  One Massachusetts Avenue, NW  |  Washington, DC 20001

You were added to the system December 12, 2009. For more information click here.