FW: State Residency

This might go a long way to solving the spouse personnel property tax issue.

Regards,

Richard Prevost

From: Keys, Randall
Sent: Wednesday, February 24, 2010 4:14 PM
To: ICAF-FACULTY-STAFF
Cc: Murphy, Mollie
Subject: FW: State Residency

FYI

Randy

Randall L. Keys
Colonel, US Army
Chief of Staff/Dean of Students
Industrial College of the Armed Forces
Fort McNair, Washington, DC

202 685-4277
keysr2@ndu.edu

From: Higgins, Jill (Lt Col US USAF/ICAF)
Sent: Wednesday, February 24, 2010 1:14 PM
To: ICAF-STUDENTS

For those of you interested--last year Congress passed a law stating that military spouses can maintain the same state of residence as the member, even if they are working in another state.  My husband has been trying to get the kinks worked out for quite some time and finally got an answer for Virginia.  Essentially, have your spouse fill out and file the attached form.

Unfortunately what you have to do to change your residency varies by state so this only works for VA.

Jill