RE: Marcy is Thinking Again

Hi Marcy, sorry to heat about the passing of your friend.

Yes, I've found that there is a lot of anger/hatred/venom on the Left. I truly do not see anything as emotionally visceral from the Right. Maybe it is how brains are wired that leads people to have certain beliefs; I have theories.

You aren't the first person to recommend I run as an Independent in this District, and I think that there is some wisdom in considering it.  However, having ran before, no one on the Left would believe me. Also, I suspect that it would be much harder to get the strong support from Republicans that I need, it would likely lead to Primary battles, tougher fundraising, etc. And anyway, I've already filed as a Republican.

But thanks for thinking about the situation here and how we might do better!

Regards, Patrick