Let Mentoring Be Your Career Catalyst for 2012

Let Mentoring Be Your Career Catalyst

Apply Now for the NOVA/Dulles SHRM Mentoring Program.

Our award winning mentoring program will provide you with the networks, resources, and tools you need to stay on the cutting-edge of your HR career. According to research, people with mentors get more promotions and experience greater job satisfaction than those without mentors. Approximately 75 percent of our mentoring program alumni have been afforded promotions, lateral career moves, and new job opportunities within two years of completing the program.

We’re currently recruiting participants for the 2012 calendar year. The mentoring program is designed for individuals with at least three years of professional experience. There is no cost for participation in the program; however, you must be a member in good standing with either the NOVA or Dulles chapter.

Participation in the program can help you to:

• Enhance your trusted network of HR professionals;
• Clarify professional goals with the assistance of a career coach;
• Learn group, peer, flash, and virtual mentoring techniques that you can apply on the job;
• Improve problem solving and troubleshooting abilities with easy access to the online mentoring alumni network; and
• Earn credits towards PHR/SPHR/GPHR recertification!

Please join us for a mentoring program information session during the NOVA SHRM new member orientation on Tuesday, January 24, 2012 at the Gannett/USA Today Building in McLean, VA.

To apply for the 2012 mentoring program, download an application from our website at www.novashrm.org/mentoring.html, or contact Mary Kitson, Mentoring Program Director, at mkitson@mitre.org.

Reminder: Application deadline is January 31, 2012 at midnight!

NOVA SHRM respects your privacy!
This communication is sent only to people who have requested it. To make sure it is not mistakenly blocked in the future by your spam-blocker, please add 'email_watch@omnimagnet.net' and 'webmaster@novashrm.org' to your approved-senders-list.
If for any reason you no longer wish to receive our newsletter, click on the following link: