To: clodagh2911@yahoo.com
Cc: sandy damitz ; Don Greenlaw
Sent: Saturday, January 14, 2012 8:20 AM
Subject: Re: ROGERS: Marine Corps stuck in the 1970s

Hi Clo,

Plus the SecNav has decided that Jan 17 (Tuesday) is the date for awarding the Navy Cross, posthumously, to the family of Lance Corporal Donald Hogan for his actions in August 2009.
The ceremony will occur at Camp Pendleton while Wuetrich's trial is ongoing.

I, too, am very cynical about the leadership of the Navy/Marine Corps in both the Haditha and Hamdaniya cases. The timing for Mabus to decide "show up" for the award (he personally wanted to do it, according to the article in the link below) is beyond suspicion. It's more evidence of the ongoing "thuggery" in Washington and senior military leaders/officers.

http://www.nctimes.com/news/local/military/military-camp-pendleton-marine-hero-to-be-awarded-navy-cross/article_b7d0d7c6-f916-5f5f-ae06-051b4086b3ab.html

If the upcoming decision on Larry's case is not overturn for undue command influence (re: Mabus comments in January 2009) then there is not a UCMJ.

Bill