To: Don Greenlaw
Sent: Monday, January 16, 2012 8:48 AM
Subject: Re: Davy Crockett (A Great Read)

Yes; it particularly sounds like his most recent proclamation:
âI refuse to take âNoâ for an answer,â said President Obama this week as he claimed new powers for himself in making recess appointments while Congress wasnât legally in recess. The chief executiveâs power grab in naming appointees to the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau and the National Labor Relations Board has been depicted by administration supporters as one forced upon a reluctant Obama by Republican intransigence. But this isnât the first example of the presidentâs increasing tendency to govern with executive-branch powers. He has already explained that âwhere Congress is not willing to act, weâre going to go ahead and do it ourselves.â On a variety of issues, from immigration to the environment to labor law, thatâs just what heâs been doingâand he may try it even more boldly should he win reelection. This âgo it aloneâ philosophy reflects an authoritarian trend emerging on the political left since the conservative triumph in the 2010 elections.

Carroll D. Childers P.E.
Consultant (540) 842-4937
Maj Gen (Ret)
"The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest America become bankrupt. People must again learn to work,instead of living on public assistance." Author unknown but I like it