NOVA-SHRM -- HR LEGAL ACADEMY 2/28

new novashrm logo tif
HR LEGAL ACADEMY
Tuesday, February 28, 2012
(Full Day Seminar)

Date:
Tue., Feb 28th

Time: 7:30 am- 5:00pm

7:30 - 8:00 - Registration & breakfast, included in registration
8:00 - 12:00 Program sessions
12:00 - 1:00 Lunch, included
1:00- 5:00 Program sessions
5:00 - Program wrap up

Fees
Program, Member: $125
Program, Non-Member: $175
2008 Superior Merit Award

This program is being reviewed by HRCI for recertification credits. Attendees will be able to earn up to 7.5 general recertification credits.

Need Strategic Credits?

Join us on January 24th at our next Chapter Meeting:

Corporate Social Responsibility & Business Sustainability: HR's Leadership Role

Register Today!

Join Our Mailing List

Back by popular demand, this full-day Legal update will give you everything you need to be in compliance the rest of the year. This program has been sold out in the past so don't wait to register!

New for 2012: Mock Trials covering issues that all HR professionals need to know.  You cannot afford to miss this session!

Featuring:

  • What Happened In Employment and Labor Law in 2011, and What To Expect in 2012
Speaker: Larry Postol
  • The Proper Use Of Independent Contractors, And Potential Liabilities From Misclassifying            Employees As Independent Contractors

Speaker: Gregory Grant

  • Risks Associated With Social Media - The Need For Appropriate Social Medial Policies

Speaker: Stephen Stern

  • Health and Welfare Benefit Concerns In 2012 - What You Need To Do And Be Prepared For.

Speaker: Fred Singerman

  • Fair Labor Standard Act Compliance, and Wage and Hour Concerns

Speaker: Manash Rath

  • BONUS: Two Mock Trials covering ADA, FMLA and Sexual Harassment issues

Program Registration

HRCI CREDIT:

This program is pending approval for 7.5 re-certification credit hours through the HR Certification Institute (HRCI).

About NOVA SHRM:

The Northern Virginia chapter of the Society for Human Resource Management (NOVA SHRM) was chartered in 1979 with just 14 members and today the chapter has grown to over 700 members. The chapter is an affiliate of The Society for Human Resource Management (www.shrm.org), the premier HR professional organization representing over 200,000 members worldwide. NOVA SHRM is a 100% chapter, which means that we limit our membership to those HR professionals who are members of SHRM. Today, we are one of the largest 100% chapters in the United States.

For more information, please visit www.novashrm.org
This email was sent to puckwood@comcast.net by nova.shrm.programs@gmail.com |
Northern VA Society for HR Management | PO Box 1347 | Annandale | VA | 22003