[vapg9] Virginia PGR GoTo 2012

PGR members,

The Virginia PGR leadership would like to update you on the Virginia 2012 GoTo, a time of PGR fellowship during the weekend of 30 March – 01 April 2012. The GoTo is being held at James River State Park (104 Green Hill Drive, Gladstone, VA 24553).  PGR members are encouraged to bring their families and friends.

We will list this as an event on the Virginia PGR Facebook page.  Please indicate your desire to attend so that we may get a head count of attendees.  We will leave the event open for acceptance until 01 March 2012.  We are working on the agenda but we plan to spend very little time in a structured environment which will allow for much socializing.

James River Park has a number of full service (water and electricity) camp sites and a number of cabins for rent with paved roads to each camp site.  Park rangers have informed us that they allow up to six campers per camp site and up to three tents but only one camping trailer or motorhome per camp site.

Link to park web site: http://www.dcr.virginia.gov/state_parks/jam.shtm

There are several reasonable motels in the area located in Appomattox, Amherst and northern Lynchburg which are a very pleasant 20 to 30 motorcycle miles from the camp ground.  When making arrangements please know that the best approach to James River State Park is from the south on route  605 or River Road.  Route 606 or Spears Mountain Road arrives at the park from the east but it is a gravel road for about 4 miles.

We realize there are many veteran events scheduled for this spring and found it impossible to find a date without some conflicts in Virginia or the bordering states. Please know the date was not chosen lightly. It was difficult to find a weekend when all of the all the Virginia leadership team could attend and we desired to stay away from graduation times in mid spring and the heat of late spring or early summer.  The average high temperature is in the low 60’s and the average low is in the low 30’s for the end of March at James River Park.

Each member or prospective member is welcome to participate as much or as little as he or she likes. There will be no registration fee other than camping or day use fees each member pays to the State Park.

Currently we are planning to limit scheduled functions/events to 2-3 hours on Saturday (31 March) with the rest of the time just socializing, group conversations as they develop around the camp fire and maybe a small group ride in the local area for those interested.

We will post and email periodic updates as the agenda is solidified in the coming weeks.

Thank you for your faithful service to the families of our fallen heroes.

Respectfully,

Robbie

Robbie Smart

Virginia State Captain