To: "Don Greenlaw" <dgreenlaw@cox.net>
Sent: Saturday, January 21, 2012 8:03 PM
Subject: Re: MILINET: Congressman Duncan Hunter on the Pissing Incident

Why did we not see any such letters from members of congress when the Haditha Marines or the Pendleton 8 were being persecuted? Were? Oh yeah they still are.

I made phone calls, sent emails, went on Fox News, CNN, ABC, NBC and damn near every national radio talk show trying to garner support for our guys. I called congressional offices, senate offices, you name it. Nada zip zero. Now some guys take a squirt and somehow that's a big damn deal?

I don't get it.

Terry

----- Original Message ----- From: "Don Greenlaw" <dgreenlaw@cox.net> To: "Atwood Marcelyn" <marcy@puckettfaraj.com>; "Haytham Faraj" <farajh@gmail.com>; "Allen. West" <abw_diver@yahoo.com>; "Neal Puckett" <puckwood@comcast.net>
Sent: Saturday, January 21, 2012 17:54

Forwarded. This is what we need more of,
folks like Congressman Hunter and Congressman
Al West. Both "have been there and done that".

Semper fi,
Don Greenlaw
----- Original Message ----- From: Ed Wilbur
Sent: Saturday, January 21, 2012 6:37 PM

 The letter below is sent to a Vietnam Marine buddy of mine who is a
retired San Diego County Deputy Sherriff and it is written by a gentleman
from Southern California who has his head firmly placed on his shoulders.
He appears to not be suffering from a cranial-rectal inversion that so many
of our congress critters seem to be afflicted with.

 Attached is also the letter that the good man wrote to the Secy of
Defense.

               January 20, 2012
               Mr. Guy Everest, Jr.
               Dear Guy:
Thank you for contacting me with your thoughts on the video posting of Marines urinating on dead Taliban fighters in Afghanistan. It is
good to hear from you and I welcome the opportunity to respond to you on
this matter.
               I appreciate your support regarding a recent letter that I
sent to the Secretary of Defense concerning the overly political sensitive comments from military and public officials stating that every effort will be made to punish these Marines to the fullest extent possible. As I stated
in my letter, the actions of these Marines were wrong, however given the
events and circumstances surrounding them, we must be extremely prudent as we determine the appropriate course of action in disciplining these Marines.
I've attached the letter for your review.
               As a Marine combat veteran of both the wars in Iraq and
Afghanistan I have witnessed firsthand the sacrifices our Marines have made.
Unless you have stood in their shoes and experienced the brutality and
horror of war and combat, one will never fully understand what these young
Marines were thinking and why they did what they did.  In determining a
punishment, I firmly believe that these circumstances must be taken into
account. At the end of the day, the worst outcome for the Taliban fighters had already occurred at the hands of these Marines, they were killed. Rest
assured as this situation continues to develop I will keep your thoughts
firmly in mind.
Again, thank you for contacting me. If you have any further
questions or concerns please do not hesitate to contact me.

      Sincerely,

      Duncan Hunter

      Member of Congress

               Please visit my website at hunter.house.gov to sign up for
my e-newsletter and receive electronic updates.