Re: Don't Struggle

Like you don't have enough on your plate!

OK.. so a large hunk of this issue is that Qua and Vishara owned the photos.. so right now we have practically nothing. Some of that 'nothing' is on the computer at the shop and some is on my computer.. and some I lift off of Facebook and other sites. Thursday one of our artists is coming in with her good camera and her lights to take some photos (I have a lovely new camera that I bought last March for my birthday.. I managed to get the battery charged and in & the CD downloaded on my computer...since then it sits in the box... so I'm really behind the 8ball on this stuff).

Last night I deleted the "helpers" pages down to the home page and managed to get the About Us page up and a page for readers... but then got stuck trying to read (decode) the directions to get photos in.   I have to upload from my computer to their site and then from their site to the pages where I want them.... I've got directions (several sets for everything).. it's just time consuming .. and therein lies my problem.  When the 4 person partnership crumbled I proposed a sharing of assets  - it would have worked very well... but Q and V got a trifle vindictive and that's when things got tough.  So we are left with a lot of empty stuff to fill and I, of course, think that I should be able to do this in one sitting and have it done yesterday.. that long with researching our own products and buying them and bringing in artists (yesterday's person was a no show.. arghhh!)

I know what look I want and what "feeling" I want this website to have.... just having a lot of confused trouble getting anything going with it.  This morning.. just to ad to the confusion, godaddy changed their entry pages and I couldn't even find my stuff... that resulted in a phone call.  So I've changed the template for the 3rd time.. and changed again the wording on the home page (this happens every time I'm in there)... and I have more directions for getting photos up and up again...

So let me accumulate photos together .. and probably on both computers...and then I'll get back to you.

If you want to see what I've go so far go to:
www.godaddy.com
username: joanneatwood
password: welcome

now click on the far right black box that says My Account.

Now this is the new page... find the one that says webpagetonight and click on the little x to the left of that.

Then click on design pages.   It's a start.. right?
oh, and on the home page.... that small box to the left is going to be links to artists pages.

And now I'm going to go into some music for a while. I have a meeting with my mentor today at 1:30 and practice of late has been 30 min a day IF I'm lucky.. so this will be one strange lesson

Later...