An Invitation to Help Shape the Future of HR--A Competency Model for The Profession, By The Profession

Dear SHRM Member:

SHRM wants your input! The Society is launching a competency model and assorted tools for HR professional development in 2012. Over the last year, we have gathered thoughts on competencies from more than 1,000 HR professionals worldwide. That insight was integrated with our thorough review of the literature. Now we are looking for your expertise to help us evaluate these competencies. In a rare survey of our entire membership, you can provide us your assessment of what success as an HR professional means. In other words, we want this model to be built for the profession, by the profession.

This is your time to contribute and help advance the profession!

We cannot do this without you, the practitioner. The data gathered will be used to further develop the model in order to ensure that it is as practical as possible.

We ask that you help us validate our research by completing the SHRM 2012 Competency Validation Survey, or copy and paste this link into your browser:

https://survey.shrm.org/Collector/Survey.ashx?Name=CompetencyValidation2012_Final2&LoginId=CVX18775

The survey will take approximately 20 minutes to complete.

Your participation in this survey will be rewarded with a chance to win one of the following: a free pass to the SHRM 2012 Annual Conference ($1100 value), two SHRM 2012 Annual Conference Premium Package upgrades (a $295 value for each), two iPads and more than 150 other prizes. In addition, if you hold an HRCI certification you will be eligible for 1 recertification credit for submitting a completed survey.

For more information on the Competency Validation Survey, please contact Dr. Alexander Alonso, SHRM's Director of Thought Leadership, at alexander.alonso@shrm.org or (703) 535-6403.

Thanks for your assistance.

Sincerely,

Debra J. Cohen, PhD, SPHR
Senior Vice President, Knowledge Development
Society for Human Resource Management

The Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) is the world's largest association devoted to human resource management. Representing more than 250,000 members in over 140 countries, the Society serves the needs of HR professionals and advances the interests of the HR profession. Founded in 1948, SHRM has more than 575 affiliated chapters within the United States and subsidiary offices in China and India. Visit SHRM Online at www.shrm.org.

PRIVACY STATEMENT: The e-mail addresses that make up the SHRM survey/poll distribution list are confidential; SHRM does not furnish these addresses to advertisers or sponsors, nor does it use this distribution list for any purpose other than generating responses to this survey/poll.

UNSUBSCRIBE: To stop receiving reminders for this survey, please reply to this email and write "unsubscribe-X" in the body of the email.

QUESTIONS: Contact us by telephone at (703) 535-6301 or by e-mail at surveys4@shrm.org. For general inquiries, contact SHRM at 1-800-283-7476 or by e-mail at shrm@shrm.org.

NOTE: This e-mail should only be forwarded to those who will complete the survey in your place.

So that SHRM Research emails will be less likely to get stuck in your unwanted email filters, please add the surveys4@shrm.org email address to your address book.

SHRM
1800 Duke Street
Alexandria, VA 22314