It's up to you and the ACLU

Because Freedom Can't Protect Itself
Dear ACLU Supporter,

Donate now to strengthen the ACLU's ability to defend the Constitution and protect our most fundamental freedoms.

Today, extremists all across America are feeling emboldened and are already taking the next steps in their efforts to impose their own narrow view of morality on the rest of us.

But there's something they haven't factored into their equation: You and the ACLU.

Starting right now, we have to make it crystal clear: if they think they can undermine the separation of church and state, deepen restrictions on reproductive freedom, and perpetuate policies that deny equality for LGBT Americans, they're in for the fight of their lives.

Donate now to help the ACLU take on extremism and defend the Constitution in communities all across America.

When it comes to defending freedom and pushing back against those out to undermine the Constitution, it really is up to us.

It is up to us to prepare to defend civil liberties in a Congress that will come in ready to flex its muscles and has already made it clear that its goal is to obstruct progress. But we must also be prepared to challenge extremists in our local communities where they are propagating their narrow, moralistic agenda and doing real damage to people's lives.

It is the ACLU and our network of local offices that will be there on the ground to take on the football coach who encourages harassment of gay students rather than stopping it . . . to lead a lawsuit against a proselytizing school principal wandering the hallways with a list of students who need to be "saved" . . . to stop local school boards from adopting abstinence-only programs . . . the list goes on.

Take a strong stand against extremism. Donate today to strengthen the ACLU's ability to defend the Constitution and protect our most fundamental freedoms.

With your immediate support, the ACLU will be there to defend freedom — in the halls of Congress and in local communities — in the days and weeks ahead.

Believe me, I don't underestimate the challenges we face. But backing down is not an option.

It is precisely at moments like this that it is most important for you and the ACLU to stay in the fight. And I am confident that, together, we will continue to do what the ACLU has done so well for the past 90 years: take a strong stand for the Constitution — and win.

Thank you for standing with us in defense of freedom.

Sincerely,
Anthony D. Romero Anthony D. Romero
Anthony D. Romero
Executive Director
ACLU

P.S. You and the ACLU have a proven ability to defend civil liberties against the most daunting of odds. We’ve never yielded an inch to extremism, and we never will. Please act right now.

© ACLU, 125 Broad Street, 18th Floor, New York, NY 10004

Unsubscribe from receiving email, or change your email preferences.