15th Annual Dearborn Arab International Festival

American Arab Chamber of Commerce

American Arab Chamber of Commerce E-News

Ford Motor Company

ATT-Logo

CIA seal

Comerica

Henry Ford Health System

DHL Logo

Comcast

AAPN Group

AAPN Group
Midwest001

Dish Network

 Blue Cross

US Army
15th Arab International Festival
A HUGE SUCCESS

2010 Festival

The record breaking 15th Annual Dearborn Arab International festival, June 18-20, drew over 350,000 people from around the country and parts of Canada. The expanded festival that stretched over 1.5 miles on Warren Avenue (between Schaefer and Wyoming) continues to be the largest street festival in the nation.

 2010 Entertainment

In an effort to promote the festival, American Arab Chamber of Commerce Executive Director Fay Beydoun, decided it was time to highlight Middle-Eastern cuisine live on the metro-Detroit airwaves.

Lebanese delights were featured on Fox-2 Detroit's weekend news with hosts Deana Centifonti and Jay Towers. Beydoun was a guest on their live cooking segment as she explained to hundreds of thousands of viewers how to make hummous. Accompanying Beydoun was Greenland Super Store Executive Chef Bilal Masri who tantalized viewers with authentic cuisine. The food included breakfast meat and cheese pies, chicken and lamb schawarma sandwiches, fruit smoothies, vegetarian grape leaves, stuffed squash, potato and lamb stew over rice, and other delicious items.

VIP Reception

The Detroit Science Center sponsored the Friday night VIP reception that was attended by over 200 dignitaries including United States Congressman John Dingell (D).  Free passes to the Imax 3D- experience of Arabia were given out as well as a special appearance by one of its stars.

In addition, there was the first annual International Idol contest sponsored by Four Star Health, Middle Eastearn American TV, and McDonald's. Aspiring Dearborn Public School high school  singers, musicians and dancers competed for cash prizes and a chance to perform live on the adult stage on Saturday night. The first place $500 winner was Rowya Kazan's Michael Jackson dance routine; second place $250 winner was the jazz band "Soul brothers:; and the third place winner of $125 was Zana Makki who sang "I never told you." The packed Saturday night audience greeted these fine performers with thunderous applause.

Leo's Hot Dog Eating Contest

Another new event was the first annual hot dog eating contest sponsored by Leo's Coney Island. There were eight contestants who were given four minutes to down as many hot dogs as possible. The top three winners received cash prizes from Leo's. There was also an expanded carnival, children's interactive tent, adult main stage, artisans tent, international food booths, Arab merchandise, henna and psychic readings.

As the organizer of the event, the Chamber would like to extend its gratitude to its presenting partner Ford Motor Company and in cooperation with the City of Dearborn and the Arab Community Center for Economic and Social Services (ACCESS) for their financial and logistical support. Also, a heartfelt thank you to the over 150 Impact International volunteers from the deep south who come in the name of promoting cross-cultural understanding.  They have embraced the beauty of the community just as we appreciate all their volunteer efforts and southern hospitality.

Corporate Sponsors
Finally, we encourage our members and their families to patronize all our corporate and media sponsors who during these tough economic times continue to support our community.

So please join us next year for the 16th annual Dearborn Arab International Festival that promises even more fun and entertainment for the entire family.

Safe Unsubscribe
This email was sent to haytham@puckettfaraj.com by enews@americanarab.com.
American Arab Chamber of Commerce | 12740 W. Warren | Suite 101 | Dearborn | MI | 48126