How Social Media Used for Juror Intel; Sites Sprout Where Clients Gather; Lawyer Loses Quest for Trillions in Solo Cup Case - ABA Journal Tech Monthly

ABA Journal Tech Monthly
www.abajournal.com

This Month's Top Tech Stories
June 2010
-------------------------------

Juries
Lawyer Uses Web to Sort Through Jury Pool
http://www.abajournal.com/magazine/article/tech_check

--------Advertisement---------

Follow the ABA Journal on Twitter! http://www.twitter.com/abajournal
------------------------------

Legal Marketing
Plaintiffs Firms Create News Websites Where Potential Clients Congregate
http://www.abajournal.com/news/article/plaintiffs_firms_create_news_websites_where_potential_clients_congregate

Plus: MoFo Becomes First Law Firm to Launce Multifunction App : http://www.abajournal.com/magazine/article/an_app_for_that

Patent Law
IP Lawyer Who Spotted Expired Patent on Solo Cup Lid Loses Quest for Trillions in Damages
http://www.abajournal.com/news/article/lawyer_who_spotted_expired_patent_on_solo_cup_loses_quest_for_trillions_in_

Law Firms
Law Firm Destroyed by Fire Has Hard Drive, Will Practice in Unknown New Location
http://www.abajournal.com/news/article/law_firm_destroyed_by_fire_has_hard_drive

Law Practice Management
5 Tips for an Effective Technology Committee at Firms Large or Small
http://www.abajournal.com/magazine/article/power_panels

Internet Law
Hewlett-Packard GC Says Tech Industry Faces 'Erosion of Trust' Over Cybersecurity
http://www.abajournal.com/news/article/hewlett-packard_gc_says_tech_industry_faces_erosion_of_trust_over_cybersecu

International Law
Internet Project to Reinforce Efforts to Reduce Oppression of Women Around the World
http://www.abajournal.com/magazine/article/war_of_tradition

Legal Education
Kaplan's Concord Law School Launches Web-based Small-Business-Practice LLM Program
http://www.abajournal.com/magazine/article/master_small

Legal Technology
Glitch in California Court Computer System Exposed Confidential Data
http://www.abajournal.com/news/article/glitch_in_california_court_computer_system_exposed_confidential_data

Trials & Litigation
Ballard Spahr Bill Near $750K in Ongoing School Laptop Webcam Case
http://www.abajournal.com/news/article/ballard_spahr_bill_near_750k_in_ongoing_school_laptop_webcam_case

Plus: Blago Can't Tweet About Trial, But Defense Lawyer Tells Jury He'll Testify : http://www.abajournal.com/news/article/blago_cant_tweet_about_trial_from_court_but_defense_lawyer_tells_jury_he_wi

Poll
Do You Let Personal E-Mail Creep Into Your Work Account?
http://www.abajournal.com/polls/

- Never. I have erected a wall between my personal and work-related e-communications.
- It's inevitable. But I try my best to keep them as separate as I can.
- Always. The lines between personal communications and work have blurred so much that I quit worrying about it.

Answer and see results here: http://www.abajournal.com/polls

Tech Blog