New LRAP for Prosecutors & Defenders -- Apply by July 13!

More exciting loan repayment assistance news from Equal Justice Works:

Greetings,

I am glad to inform you that the John R. Justice Student Loan Repayment Program (JRJ) will provide 10 million dollars in loan repayment assistance to state and federal public defenders and state prosecutors who agree to remain employed as public defenders and prosecutors for at least three years.

JRJ will be administered by Governor-designated state agencies that must register and apply by 8:00 p.m. eastern time on July 13, 2010.  Funds will be available to states based on the total population of each state with a minimum base allocation of $100,000. Please work to ensure that your governor designates a state agency in advance of the deadline.

I have posted a JRJ webpage  which will be updated as information becomes available and have scheduled two webinars to help prosecutors and defenders interested in the program.

Heather Jarvis

Senior Program Manager

Equal Justice Works
www.equaljusticeworks.org

Sarah Hilton
Government and Public Sector Lawyers Division
American Bar Association
740 15th Street, NW
Washington, DC 20005
T: 202-662-1024