News from the American Arab Chamber of Commerce

American Arab Chamber of Commerce
Detroit Mayor Dave Bing meets with American Arab Chamber of Commerce members to discuss business relations with the City of Detroit

Mayor Bing
On Thursday, June 10, Mayor Dave Bing with the City of Detroit addressed more than 150 business leaders  at a reception held by the American Arab Chamber of Commerce.

Mayor Bing promised the city's Arab-American business community and corporate leaders that his administration would work to address their concerns regarding small-business development.  Bing discussed safety concerns around businesses, streamlining the licensing process and bolstering training programs in the city's work force development department. Despite the current issues with the City Council and the budget, Bing says he will "try and come to some realistic solutions."

"I don't want to just talk about what's going on. We have to solve the problem," Bing said. "You've got a businessperson in city government right now. From a city standpoint, we've got to try to leverage our relationships to help you through some of those problems."

"We appreciate the fact that he did come, especially with everything that he had on his plate today and the meetings that he's been having with the City Council regarding the city budget," said Fay Beydoun, Executive Director of the American Arab Chamber of Commerce. "He realizes the importance of the Arab-American community to the City of Detroit."

15th Annual Dearborn Arab International Festival Debuts First Annual International Idol Talent Show, Saturday June 19 at 1:00 PM

Co-Sponsored by
Four Star Health

The Dearborn Arab International Festival in partnership with Four Star Health is proud to present it's 1st Annual International Idol Talent Show Competition this year.

The International Idol contest will showcase the best of the best talent right out of our local high schools. Students will be competing and showcasing their amazing talents.

We have singers as good as Colbie Caillat and Lady Antebellum. We have dancers as good as Micheal Jackson and the great Jabowakeez, comedians as funny as Emm Hussein and Emm Elias. Plus a great rock band that will rock the house and a Pianist to sooth the night away.

Don't miss out on this first time talent show competition!  Come cheer on your favorite performers and enjoy the fun at our Dearborn Arab International Festival. We promise this will be the HOTTEST event in town!

The 15th Annual Dearborn Arab International Festival Debuts
1st Annual Leo's Coney Island Halal Hot Dog Eating Contest
 Sunday,  June 20 at 1:00 PM

SPONSORED BY

Leo's Coney Island

 1st Place Winner $300
2nd Place $150
 3rd Place $75

To learn more about the competition or to register, contact:

 Leo's Coney Island
5575 Greenfield
Dearborn, MI 48126
(24 hrs a day 7 days a week)
Phone: 313-253-0200

DEARBORN ARAB INTERNATIONAL FESTIVAL OFFERS

MAINSTAGE ENTERTAINMENT

Orchestra

Orchestre Chabab Al Andalous (Moroccan Group) - This large ensemble has toured the world, performing the musical repertoire of Andalucía during the period of the Moorish empire in Spain. The orchestra from Rabat, Morocco seeks to preserve the traditions and artistic heritage of Andalusian music, which has been preserved in Morocco for more than 500 years. The musicians perform traditional songs and chants using Arabic poems and traditional instruments.

Maher Halabi
Maher Halabi - Born and Raised in Dalyet el Karmel Palestine, Maher Halabi began singing at a very young age. His father and prominent Palestinian poets discovered Maher's Talent and sent him to Jordan to begin recording. In Jordan Maher recorded seven albums, and shot 6 music videos. His works included songs authored by many prominent Arabic poets and singers. Now Maher Halabi resides in Chicago, Illinois where is putting the final touches on his new project, the Palestinian wedding inspired by the rich heritage Palestine. The first edition will be the Bride's Henna CD set to see light this summer. While recording, Maher will be touring the US and Canada for concerts, private parties and weddings. (from http://thearabicsinger.com/maherHalabi.html )

Doris Farhat

Doris Farhat - Doris Farhat is a beautiful and ravishing Lebanese singer who has entertained crowds throughout the world. Her voice; passionate and powerful. Her smile brings the whole crowd to smile with her and enjoy every moment of the night.

Nidal Ibourk

Nidal Ibourk is one of the multitalented Moroccan stars in Chicago. She has always enchanted artists and music professionals with her highly artistic abilities. She began singing in her early childhood. She took part in numerous music TV shows and highly honored festivals in Morocco, the most important being: "Noujoum Al-ghad/ The stars of the Future", "Noujoum wa Noujoum/Stars & Stars", Rabat International Festival, and Marrackech Festival. During her residence in Beirut, Nidal got the chance to perform with the famous singer Haifa Wehbe and reached a wide popularity in the Arab world.

Omar Sulieman

Omar Sulieman is a musician from Syria. He began his career in 1994, working with a number of musicians with whom he still performs, and around five hundred studio and live albums have been released under his name. His music has reached a wider audience in recent years due to the American label Sublime Frequencies, from which he has been able to tour extensively and release three records.

Ara Topozian - Ara Topouzian is an Armenian-American musician whose proficiency at the KANUN (Middle Eastern harp) has made him a nationally recognized artist. He has performed in concert, at music festivals and many celebrated venues across the United States, with the top musicians in Middle Eastern music. Topouzian's traditional musical style keeps to his Armenian heritage but has expanded to include music from around the Middle East, as well as jazz, fusion, new age and blues. The recipient of numerous awards, Ara Topouzian's music has been heard and sold around the globe.

Safe Unsubscribe
This email was sent to haytham@puckettfaraj.com by enews@americanarab.com.
American Arab Chamber of Commerce | 12740 W. Warren | Suite 101 | Dearborn | MI | 48126