[trialwarriorsforjustice] Digest Number 4968[1 Attachment]

Title: Trial Warriors for Justice

Messages In This Digest (3 Messages)

Messages

1a.

Punitive Help Needed

Posted by: "Peter Tiemann" pbtman@gmail.com   petertmnn

Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:56 am (PST)

[Attachment(s) from Peter Tiemann included below]

I would like to send out a notice to attend trial with documents to Walmart
in a case which is alleging punitive damages (fall Injury at store). If I
want the witness to attend and bring financial documents who from the
Corporation would I notice? The store manager. The CEO or CFO?

Also what documents would I ask for.

I have never done this before. If anyone has ever done this before please
respond. If anyone has a copy of a notice to attend with documents can you
email them to me. Thank you in advance.

Peter B. Tiemann

4989 Golden Foothill Parkway #4

El Dorado Hills, CA 95762

pbtman@gmail.com

Attachment(s) from Peter Tiemann

1 of 1 File(s)

1b.

Re: Punitive Help Needed [1 Attachment]

Posted by: "Laura Horton" laura@horton-debolt.com   hortondebolt

Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:53 am (PST)

Peter: send me an email directly to remind me, and when I get in the office, I will send you some samples. Assuming that Walmart is your defendant you just do a notice to appear and produce.

Laura L. Horton
Horton & DeBolt LLP
9045 Corbin Ave., Suite 260
Northridge, CA. 91324
818-407-0700
818-407-0705 (f)
Laura@Horton-Debolt.com<mailto:Laura@Horton-Debolt.com>
Sent from my iPad

[Attachment(s) from Peter Tiemann included below]

I would like to send out a notice to attend trial with documents to Walmart
in a case which is alleging punitive damages (fall Injury at store). If I
want the witness to attend and bring financial documents who from the
Corporation would I notice? The store manager. The CEO or CFO?

Also what documents would I ask for.

I have never done this before. If anyone has ever done this before please
respond. If anyone has a copy of a notice to attend with documents can you
email them to me. Thank you in advance.

Peter B. Tiemann

4989 Golden Foothill Parkway #4

El Dorado Hills, CA 95762

pbtman@gmail.com<mailto:pbtman%40gmail.com>

2.

Why Can't Jurors Distinguish "Knowing" From "Reckless" Misconduct?

Posted by: "csmoskos" csmoskos@earthlink.net   stevemoskos

Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:48 pm (PST)

<http://verdict.justia.com/2012/01/11/why-cant-jurors-distinguish-knowing-fr
om-reckless-misconduct> Why Can't Jurors Distinguish "Knowing" From
"Reckless" Misconduct?

<http://verdict.justia.com/author/colb> Sherry F. Colb

Justia columnist and Cornell law professor Sherry Colb discusses a recent
study showing that jurors in criminal cases have difficulty distinguishing
between "knowing" and "reckless" states of mind, identifies sources of the
difficulty, and proposes a means of clarifying the concepts. Read
<http://verdict.justia.com/2012/01/11/why-cant-jurors-distinguish-knowing-fr
om-reckless-misconduct> Article

C. Steven Moskos

535 Stinson Dr.