Re: CONFIDENTIAL ATTY WORK PRODUCT

Title: Re: CONFIDENTIAL ATTY WORK PRODUCT

You saw the video and the Government is correct?

----- Original Message -----
From: Marshall Maj Meridith L <meridith.marshall@usmc.mil>
To: Huff, Lester COL USAF AFRRI/DIR; neal@puckettfaraj.com <neal@puckettfaraj.com>
Cc: haytham@puckettfaraj.com <haytham@puckettfaraj.com>
Sent: Thu Feb 17 09:52:00 2011
Subject: RE: CONFIDENTIAL ATTY WORK PRODUCT

Sir,

Well SOMEBODY is lying in this case.  We gave Bell the Stipulation of Fact that the government wants him to sign in order to get the pre trial agreement.  The stip recounts what supposedly happened between Bell and his daughter. The prosecutor wrote it and used the forensic interview of his daughter to get the facts.   Neal and I left it with him at the brig 2 days ago.  Yesterday, we spoke to Bell on the phone and he insisted that the guy described in the stip is a monster and that he did not do some of the things stated in there.  And, he didn't want to sign it as is.

We explained to him that all facts came from the forensic interview with Makeisha and that the prosecutor did not make this stuff up.  He said he would come to my office and watch the interview and if he was satisfied that Makeisha said these things then he would sign the stip anyway (even though he didn't do some of the things in there) because it's his daughter who said it.

The main points he disagreed with in the stip were ejaculating in her mouth and telling her "not to tell her momma" or "not to tell anyone."  He claims this never happened.  He said there are some other things in there as well that didn't happen.

R/

Major Meridith L. Marshall
Senior Defense Counsel
MCAS, Miramar