do you want to proceed with filing a suit?  if so, what do you need from me, and what would something like this cost?
thanks!
adam

On Sun, Mar 14, 2010 at 9:42 PM, Haytham Faraj <haytham@puckettfaraj.com> wrote:

Adam.  I am sorry I missed you in Ann Arbor.  Had I known you were here, I would have sought you out.  Where are you now?

Regarding damages,  The denial of an employment opportunity is  damages enough.  I think we will have an argument for per se defamation, meaning that we won’t even have to show damages.  That said, I think we can make a case for damages even if it’s not a per se damages case.

As an aside, What a shame that HRW turned you down for nothing more than their fear that they may lose Jewish funding.  I wonder how objective they can be with respect to Israel.

From: adam shapiro [mailto:adamsop@gmail.com]
Sent: Sunday, March 14, 2010 2:08 PM
To: huwaida arraf
Cc: Haytham Faraj
Subject: Re: defamation suit

hey haytahm,

heard we were at the same theater the other night -  i was at pommagrantes and myrrh in ann arbor.

anyway, do let me know what you think...i can't necessarily show any particular damages, other than perhaps one thing...i have been turned down for a couple of jobs specifically because of some of the PR out there about me - in particular there was a situation with human rights watch.  i am not sure i can get definitive statement that it was because of schlussel, but perhaps this can be an example of how damages can be caused because of this kind of libel?  basically i was offered a position with HRW, and the offer was then rescinded when the head of HRW intervened and said that i could not be hired because it would cost the org. funding in the jewish community...  i might be able to get someone to give me a statement from HRW to that effect.  this was communicated to me orally when it happened.

adam