Jandali Language

Assad,

It was great speaking to you earlier today.  Pursuant to our conversation below you will find the draft proposed apology from Jandali's attorneys.  I have cc'd our attorney Mr. Haytham Faraj.  I spoke with Haytham earlier today as well and expressed that ADC would like to pursue a settlement.  I also expressed to him that the language below is a good start, although we will have some edits.

Please review the language and let us know what edits you feel should be made.  Once a statement is finalized Haytham will then proceed accordingly in getting this matter settled.

Thank you again and should you have any questions please feel free to call me on my cell, 313-995-3333.

- Abed Ayoub

Proposed Text:

An Apology to Mr. Malek Jandali

The ADC would like to apologize to Mr. Malek Jandali, his fans and the Arab-American community for the unfortunate circumstances regarding the performance of his piece "Watani Ana" at the June 2011 ADC National Convention.  We regret that Mr. Jandali’s invitation to the event was withdrawn, but that his song "Watani Ana" was nevertheless played at the ADC annual Gala without his permission.

We are pleased to announce that ADC has reached an amicable resolution with Mr. Jandali regarding this matter.  Mr. Jandali is a composer & pianist of the highest caliber.  ADC will continue to support him and his powerful message of peace, freedom and harmony.  It is in this spirit we hope to move forward and continue to build our grassroots network, as we work to empower Arab Americans.