EXECUTIVE ORDER SIGNED

Executive Order 13593, signed by the President on Tuesday, and pending publication in the Federal Register tomorrow, makes the following amendments to the Manual for Courts-Martial, effective on 12 January 2012:
  • Add langauge to M.R.E. 504 (husband-wife privilege) regarding joint criminal activity
  • Remove spouse abuse from the exceptions to the M.R.E. 513 (psychotherapist-patient privilege)
  • Create M.R.E. 514 â Victim advocate â victim privilege
  • Amend M.R.E. 609 to conform to F.R.E. 609
  • Amend the explanation to Article 89 to include uniformed officers of the Public Health Service and the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration
  • Amend the sample specification for Article 111, Drunken or reckless operation of vehicle, aircraft or vessel
  • Make a clerical amendment to the explanation to Article 123
  • Enumerate Article 134 offenses of (1) Possessing, receiving, or viewing child pornography, (2) Possessing child pornography with intent to distribute, (3) Distributing child pornography, and (4) Producing child pornography
  • Make a clerical amendment to the first paragraph of the Discussion following R.C.M. 1107(d)(1)

Carolyn Martin
Military Criminal Defense &
Federal Contract Investigator
Ph: 760-445-0711  /  Fax: 760-730-3611

"I am only one, but I am one. I can't do everything, but I can do something. The something I ought to do, I can do. And by the grace of God, I will."

Confidential: This communication contains confidential and/or privileged information and is intended only for the person or entity named. Anyone other than the intended recipient, or the named recipient's employee or agent responsible for delivering this communication to the named recipient, is prohibited from reading, copying, distributing, disseminating, or otherwise using the information contained in this communication.