RE: Inquiry from student

Title: RE: Inquiry from student

I am getting my LL.M. in National Security Law. The program here is great and well-structured. Not sure if you know any of the faculty here, but one my professors--Neal Katyal--litigated the Hamdan v Rumsfeld case in the DC Circuit and Supreme Court. I also had this semester one of the attorneys representing Al-Nasheeri (the alleged USS Cole bomber) at Guantanamo Bay, and another professor on the original team who litigated Rasul v Bush as a pro bono case while a litigation associate at Sherman Sterling. The only Professor of Arab origin is Lama Abu-Odeh, who is Jordanian-Palestinian. The faculty at G'Town are by and large extremely bright, and the student body population is very diverse. Makes for a great academic environment.

This past semester I was working at the Cato Institute in their Constitutional Studies department. Fascinating work, although I disagreed strongly with a good number of their positions (particularly on "Obamacare").

Its been very hard to land something promising here in DC. I recently interviewed for the World Bank Legal Associate Program, but haven't yet heard back from them yet. There are plenty of litigation spots here, but most require a wealth of experience (and strong connections). I am thinking of applying for DC reciprocity, but haven't yet decided whether I will be staying in DC or moving back to Dearborn.

If you are DC sometime, do you think we can meet up for lunch or coffee? I'd definitely appreciate it. I have a couple finals left this upcoming week, but after that I am pretty much free.

Thanks for your messages.