Tell Snyder: Veto lawmakers' attack on Michigan families

Title: ACLU

Urgent: Tell Gov. Snyder to Defend Michigan Families

Dear Haytham,

Two extreme and far-reaching bills are on their way to the governor's desk today.

Unless Governor Snyder uses his veto power, House Bills 4770 and 4771 will bar public employers from doing what they think is best for their employees — providing domestic partner healthcare benefits.

Urge the governor to stand up for Michigan families and VETO HB 4770 and 4771.

Taking away healthcare benefits from employees at a time of economic uncertainty is mean-spirited and counterproductive. Despite the political rhetoric about cost, we know the real motivation behind these bills is to attack lesbian and gay families.

Instead of using proven methods to grow the economy, legislators wasted our time on these unconstitutional and unfair measures that put hardworking families at risk and make it more difficult to attract the top talent.

Make your voice heard today. Take action to oppose this harmful legislation.

The role of politicians should be to root out discrimination in the workplace, not write it into our laws.

If we're going to truly work to move Michigan forward, we cannot afford to take this significant step backwards.

Thank you for your support,

ACLU of Michigan
www.aclumich.org

Square