From: Chapman Capt Ronald W
Sent: Monday, November 28, 2011 22:16
To: Combe Capt Peter C
Cc: Wilson Capt Brian J
Subject: Capt Wilson's testimony

Captain Combe,

I understand that Capt Wilson is being called as a witness for a GCM. He is currently at EMV on an ETT assignment and his presence is vital to our deployment to Afghanistan (early Jan). To my knowledge, the defense has not contacted Capt Wilson.

You mentioned in the email that the court ordered him as a witness. However, I don't believe that Capt Wilson has testified at a 39(a) - has he been ordered or just requested by the defense?

Also, has an Article 32 been conducted?

I definately want to help you out and I know how frustrating it can be to find witnesses as a TC. However, he is our ETT platoon commander and I don't want him to get pulled to testify unless its absolutely necessary.  Cell phone is sketchy where he is located so it may be difficult to interview him. If we need to we can try and get him on a land line at TTECG or up here at our FOB.

V/R

Ronald W. Chapman II
Captain, USMC
Battalion Judge Advocate V18