TLC Local Group

Thank you Keeley for spearheading this project. I would love to participate and would suggest to start around 2 pm. We can go 2-5, have dinner and then have an evening session if necessary.

Barton

From: Keeley Heath [mailto:keeley@mielcarr.com]
Sent: Tuesday, October 25, 2011 4:45 PM
To: daniel@ambroselawgroup.com; pbarone@BaroneDefenseFirm.com; Josh Blanchard; pbroschay@dezsilaw.com; haytham@puckettfaraj.com; rhondabives@cbpu.com; pdr@umich.edu; Marjorie Russell; aida@ambroselawgroup.com; gsbyrge@yahoo.com; cheryl@carpenterlaw.us; jconline@prolegalcorp.com; answers@248Lawyers.com; shannon@shannonsmithlaw.com; Barton W. Morris, Jr.; Welch Hal; dk@michemplaw.com; matuszlaw@gmail.com; lawfix@msn.com; joes@2keller.com; jtallmanlaw@tds.net; rwalsh@abclawcenters.com; tweglarz@weglarzlaw.com
Subject: TLC Local Group

Hello Michigan TLC Alums!

After graduating from the Trial Lawyers College in July, I wanted to see if we could get a local group formed in Michigan to meet regularly and work up cases.  I know that there is interest out there from our more recent alums in forming a group.  I think I have included all of the Michigan alums in this email, but if you know of any other TLC grads I missed, please let me know.

In speaking with our regional F Warrior board member, she suggested that we schedule our local group for the last Friday of each month, which is what a large portion of the local TLC groups are trying to do.  I would propose the following schedule:

January 27, 2012

February 24, 2012

March 30, 2012

April 27, 2012

May 25, 2012

June 29, 2012

July 27, 2012

August 31, 2012

September 28, 2012

October 26, 2012

November 30, 2012

December 14, 2012

With the holidays approaching, I didn't think it was a good idea to get the group started in November or December of this year.  Also, December's group next year would be early so as to avoid conflicts with the Christmas schedule.

I'm hoping that we could find a location to meet in Lansing, since it seems to be a central location for our group.  When Marj Russell returns from vacation, perhaps she could tell us whether space might be available at Cooley.

As far as meeting times, I am looking for input from all of you about what would be most convenient.

Please let me know if you are interested in putting together a local group, and if you have any input on the proposed dates, the meeting times, etc.

I look forward to hearing from all of you.

-Keeley

--

Keeley D. Heath

Trial Lawyer