From: Haytham Faraj [mailto:haytham@puckettfaraj.com]
Sent: Monday, October 24, 2011 17:37
To: Combe Capt Peter C; Hoover Capt Christopher M
Cc: Mcconnell Major Matthew N
Subject: Rowe reasons for the continuance

Gentlemen,

I am writing to request concurrence for a continuance of the Rowe trial.  The trial is currently scheduled to commence on November 1.  I am requesting that it be continued until March 5, 2012.  The primary purpose for the lengthy delay is because I am scheduled to for the U.S. v. Wuterich trial from January 4 until January 31, 2012.  U.S. v. Wuterich is a case that resulted from the killings of 24 civilians in the town of Haditha in Iraq on November 19, 2005.  That case has languished due to lengthy appellate matters that were recently resolved.  The gravity of the charges in that case and its age require me to invest substantial time to get ready.  Our firm has, therefore, set aside the month of December to prepare.  I previously notified Trial Counsel that I would be agreeable to a date in November.  I am currently available the week of November 14 and the week of November 28.  While the November dates I proposed are agreeable, I request that you keep in mind our request to immunize Mr. Owens and our request for an expert.  So long as those two matters can be accomplished, I will be available during the two proposed November dates.  The defense will agree that the delay will be excludable.

Thank you for consideration of my request

Vr,

Haytham Faraj, Esq.

PUCKETT & FARAJ, PC

_______________________

WASHINGTON DC METRO

The Law Firm of Puckett & Faraj, PC

1800 Diagonal Road

Suite 210

Alexandria, VA 22314

703-706-0442 Phone

202-280-1039 Fax

DETROIT METRO

The Law Firm of Puckett & Faraj, PC

835 Mason Street

Suite 150-A

Dearborn, MI 48124

313-457-1390 Phone

202-280-1039 Fax

www.puckettfaraj.com <http://www.puckettfaraj.com/>

The information contained in this electronic message is confidential, and is intended for the use of the individual or entity named above. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, you are hereby notified that any use, distribution, copying of disclosure of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you received this communication in error, please notify Puckett & Faraj, P.C. at 888-970-0005 or via a return the e-mail to sender.  You are required to purge this E-mail immediately without reading or making any copy or distribution.