Re: ROTC Disenrollment Hearing - Lawyer Needed

Thanks Marj and Haytham - I look forward to hearing from Haytham.  PC

On Wed, Oct 5, 2011 at 4:22 PM, Marjorie Russell <russellm@cooley.edu> wrote:
Patrick
I am copying my friend Haytham Faraj.
If he can't handle it himself, he will know to whom you should be referred.
Marj

>>> Patrick Corbett <corbettp@cooley.edu> 10/05/11 4:12 PM >>>
Dear Faculty and Staff:

A good friend of mine is in need of a lawyer familiar with military law for
a Reserve Officer Training Corps (ROTC) disenrollment hearing in Santa
Barbara, CA on Tuesday, October 11, in the morning.  This friend is willing
to pay for transportation costs for a Michigan attorney or a California
attorney who is familiar with this area of law and can make it to the
hearing on October 11th.  Can anyone recommend a Michigan or a California
attorney to handle this matter?  The 22 year old boy involved is facing the
possibility of disenrollment from the ROTC because he failed to do the
required amount of push-ups at an important evaluation stage (Leadership
Development and Assessment Course) in the process.

Any suggestions on an attorney?  I appreciate your timely assistance!

Patrick Corbett
Professor, Criminal Law & Procedure
Thomas M. Cooley Law School
300 South Capitol, P.O. Box 13038