Board membership

Partner,
Yesterday I was informed that I had been voted onto the board of a relatively new wounded warrior support organization, 501(c)(3), called Cooking with the Troops.  There is information about them at www.cwtt.org
The CEO is from Indiana, but traveled to DC (as he does frequently anyway) to meet with me a pitch the organization to me in hopes I would accept.  He said he's been following my media appearances since the Al West case.  I see it as a marketing and business development opportunity as I attend and assist with various events they sponsor, formerly at Walter Reed but now at Bethesda and wherever else they go.  While not their general counsel or legal advisor, per se, the fact that I was a lawyer and might could help find answers to legal questions, should they arise, was a factor in my selection.
Thought you'd like to know!
A related group, through the personalities involved, is the organization that is launching the American Wartime Museum in Prince William County.  www.nmaw.org  We're attending a special VIP event at the property where the museum will be constructed tomorrow morning.  They apparently have collected some equipment, so we're doing tank and possible helicopter rides tomorrow.  I've been granted VIP status for that event.  The main connection between the two organization is a woman named Susan Katz Keating, who serves on both boards.
So I'm reaching out and making community connections, finally, in an effort to grow our brand as well as to seek sources of referrals.

Neal A. Puckett, Esq
1800 Diagonal Rd, Suite 210

The information contained in this electronic message is confidential, and is intended for the use of the individual or entity named above. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, you are hereby notified that any use, distribution, copying of disclosure of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you received this communication in error, please notify Puckett & Faraj, P.C. at 703-706-9566 or via a return the e-mail to sender.  You are required to purge this E-mail immediately without reading or making any copy or distribution.