New case for you

Partner,
Believe I may have just closed a deal on a $15K BOI for an Ohio National Guard 2ndLt for you.  Can brief you on it when we talk next.  Will probably be held either in Columbus OH or Ft. Knox, KY.  No one seems to know.  They've been threatening him (and they includes his dirt bag detailed defense counsel) that if he doesn't simply resign, the guard will report his crimes to the Ohio State Police and they'll come to the Naval Research Laboratory in DC and arrest him and confine him back in Ohio (for a $510 travel claim fraud investigation).  Long story, but I believe he's not guilty.  Was hoodwinked into signing a claim prepared by his TDY for training companion SSG, who admitted forging the docs himself.  (Shared a room, SSG cut and pasted info onto a second receipt to make it seem they stayed separately).  His ONG JAG (a too busy lawyer in civilian practice) is echoing the threats for the prosecutor, because no one seems to want to convene or actually do a board.  Probably haven't done one in years, I'm guessing.  He has a no shit case for a finding of no misconduct.  Willing to take a poly.  Will get his M.S. in Navigation next month and plans to immediately begin his Ph.D.  Working an internship at the Naval Research Lab.  They were going to give him a full time position but pulled it based on this investigation.  He prepared a binder for me for the consultation and it's pretty persuasive.  It'll be on my desk when you arrive.
He will for sure want us to represent him (pro hac vice, of course) in his criminal trial in OH if they are complete assholes and actually convince a state prosecutor to indict him.  I see some nationwide brand building.  I see a possible OH bar complaint against his JAG atty.  I see some possible public pressure to make this go away by using local/regional media in OH.
I sold him on you because of the possibility of all this exposure, including the small but possible chance getting to win a jury trial in OH and playing it big in the media.  Told him if it came to that we'd need a separate fee agreement.  Also told him your proximity to the localities involved would make it slightly cheaper.  Told him about TLC and your ability to connect with board members and convince them to do the right thing for your clients by discovering and telling the story in so compelling a way that they believe they have no choice but to side with your clients.  His eyes lit up and I think he may be falling in love with you.
Let me know what happens with the Nick call.
Neal A. Puckett, Esq
1800 Diagonal Rd, Suite 210

The information contained in this electronic message is confidential, and is intended for the use of the individual or entity named above. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, you are hereby notified that any use, distribution, copying of disclosure of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you received this communication in error, please notify Puckett & Faraj, P.C. at 703-706-9566 or via a return the e-mail to sender.  You are required to purge this E-mail immediately without reading or making any copy or distribution.