Neal A. Puckett, Esq
1800 Diagonal Rd, Suite 210

The information contained in this electronic message is confidential, and is intended for the use of the individual or entity named above. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, you are hereby notified that any use, distribution, copying of disclosure of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you received this communication in error, please notify Puckett & Faraj, P.C. at 703-706-9566 or via a return the e-mail to sender.  You are required to purge this E-mail immediately without reading or making any copy or distribution.

On Aug 11, 2011, at 8:12 AM, Haytham Faraj wrote:

Understand with respect to the computer.  I was referring to the desk top.  But what you’re saying makes sense.  My intent is to transition to cloud computing.  I want to have a station that I can work on and use the laptop when I am on the move.  My laptop is still satisfactory.

I think I would like to call Nick and tell him.  Losing a job is one of the most stressful thing someone can go through.  Nick has been loyal and committed.  While he may not have the skills we need, it’s not his fault that he was dragged around and now must face termination.  I have a good relationship with him.  For that reason I think it would be best to inform him now so that he may have as much time as necessary to prepare.

I wanted to come in Sunday to sit with you and Eric on Monday.  I forgot about the trip.  No worries.  I will still plan to come on Monday if you can be in the office on Tuesday morning.  I have to be back here on Tuesday evening at the latest to pre for Hamama’s sentencing hearing.  I also need to meet with the new client from Yesterday.  I am going to set up an appointment for Monday afternoon.

Let me know what you think about telling Nick immediately rather than waiting for Monday.

From: Puckett Neal [mailto:neal@puckettfaraj.com]
Sent: Thursday, August 11, 2011 8:00 AM
To: Haytham Faraj
Subject: Re: Eric's computer

Partner,
If you mean Eric's desktop (we didn't get him a laptop), I'd prefer to leave that in the office linked to the server for his successor in the office.  I'll double check though.  We did buy a laptop for Kenny, so you can have that one.  It's pretty nice.  Your call.  Makes much more sense to me that you simply buy what you want locally.  We're eventually going to need the units we have.  Marcy's going to be helping Bethany during the transition and will need a computer hooked to the server, and Kenny will be working through the end of the month.
As I mentioned, Marcy and I are attending the wedding of her partner's son in Dana Point on Sat.  Our trip has us departing on Fri afternoon from DC and returning Mon evening.  So I won't be here for you on Monday.  Back in the office on Tues.
In that regard, if one of us is there on Mon, that is when Kenny will need to be formally notified that his last day will be 2 Sep (3 more full weeks of work).  I wasn't going to be able to tell him Monday because of our trip.  My plan was to do it Tues morning, because I think he's in NC and won't be back until Sun.  But the sooner the better, so it makes sense that you sit him down and tell him.  It was never my plan to dump this on you, but since I work with him every day, it would help me a great deal if you were the one to tell him.  I have no doubt that he'd find out just based on the nature of Eric's preparations on Monday because Eric depends on Nick's recollection of case status to keep him on track.  I wouldn't be there to have let him know first thing in the morning (which is the recommended day of the week to lay someone off).  Eric assured me Tues that he had not said anything to Kenny about his plans to leave.  So this will be out of the blue for him.  Nevertheless, he needs to hear it from one of us and he'll need to know in order to help with the transition of cases during your meeting with Eric.  Your plans to arrive on Monday, therefore, solves the problem of him working all day on Monday being kept in the dark and everyone tip-toeing around him until I get back on Tues morning.  Perfect.  Thanks for moving up the schedule.  It means a great deal to me and cures a problem that Eric created by dropping that on us on Tues, with our travel plans having already been made.