Another win!

Just got news that the EEOC ruled in my client's favor on an appeal (which I filed back in 2007)!

Case involved claims of sexual harassment and retaliation against the Social Security Admin., but the AJ kicked it out on summary judgment.  On appeal, I argued that the AJ incorrectly applied the burden of proof for co-worker harassment instead of supervisor harassment (harasser was not client's supervisor, but he was in an acting position during the harassment), which was relevant because an agency's liability is all about the "clean up" in these cases, and they have different obligations depending on who the harasser is.

This same client has retained me here because, ironically, a judge who provided us with the affidavit to help with the appeal, is now sexually harassing her - including leaving a Victoria Secret catalog on her desk and asking what she would like for him to order for her and having strange conversations about eating bananas.  I'm sure Passman & Kaplan will fight like hell to keep this client (her case will now be sent to hearing), but we'll see what she wants to do.  I don't doubt they will stoop to low levels to avoid having me take this over.

From: stefanie bailin [mailto:stefani_e_b@hotmail.com]
Sent: Friday, August 05, 2011 11:25 AM
To: abeckett@passmanandkaplan.com
Cc: joel@quintelagroup.com; debra@puckettfaraj.com
Subject: RE: Good News

Hi Ms Beckett

I just received this.  My new email address is stefaniequintela@gmail.com.

I am very anxious to know next steps and happy the OFO finally ruled in my favor.  Please email me at stefaniequintela@gmail.com and let me know when is a good time to discuss.

thank you
Stefanie Bailin Quintela

Subject: FW: Good News
Date: Fri, 5 Aug 2011 10:50:36 -0400
From: abeckett@passmanandkaplan.com
To: stefani_e_b@hotmail.com
CC: Joel.Quintela@savilleconsulting.com

Hello, Ms. Bailin:

I want to make sure you received my previous email about good news in your EEO case.  (see below)The OFO finally ruled, and in your favor!  I have taken over your case for Debra D’Agostino, and would like to speak with you about next steps.

Sincerely,

Amy Beckett

Amy L. Beckett, Esq.

Passman & Kaplan, P.C.

1828 L St., NW, Suite 600

Washington, DC  20036

Tel:  202-789-0100, Ext. 110

Fax:  202-789-0101

E-mail: abeckett@passmanandkaplan.com

Our web site:  www.passmanandkaplan.com

PLEASE NOTE NEW STREET ADDRESS AS OF MAY 31:

Passman & Kaplan, P.C.

1828 L. Street, N.W., Suite 600

Washington DC  20036

Same phone, same fax, same email.

Find us on Facebook

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

This e-mail transmission is intended only for the personal and confidential use of the recipient(s) designated above. It may also constitute an attorney-client communication or represent attorney work produce and may therefore be legally privileged. If you are not the intended recipient of this communication (or an agent responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient), you are hereby notified that any review, disclosure or use of the information contained herein is Strictly Prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us by telephone, at 202-789-0100, or by return e-mail, immediately. Thank you.