RE: SSgt Lopez: 39a & Trial prep

Haytham,

I think you were copied on the e-mail about the trial going from 3-10 Aug straight through the weekend.  That was the judge's call and I'm not familiar with this particular judge.  His name is Col Whitson.

Also, after today, you're going to be best able to reach me on my cell phone and personal e-mail until Monday, 1 Aug.

Addressing your points in kind:

1.  Do you want me on that or is your office taking care of it getting the local character witnesses?
I got the candidate record books for the candidate/lieutenant witnesses being called by the government.

2.  The government says they expect to finish on Friday (5th) or Saturday (6th).  It sounds somewhat ambitious to finish Friday.  I'll tell them to have the LtCol and Sgt Maj fly in on Friday.

3.  We have one tentatively set for 1 Aug, but if there's nothing, we can cancel it.

4.  Roger.

5.  She was on their previous witness list, but not their most recent.  We did not ask to have her produced; she was only on our witness list.

6.  Will do.  Trial Counsel is agreeable, so should be no problem.

7.  Sounds good.  I relayed that to SSgt Lopez, as well.

SSgt Lopez is getting nervous, but her spirits are staying up, too.

V/r,

Bret A. White
Captain, U.S. Marine Corps
Defense Counsel