From: Rob Bracknell [mailto:rob.bracknell@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, June 29, 2011 22:50
To: Hoover Capt Christopher M; haytham@puckettfaraj.com; McConnell Sgt Matthew C
Cc: Bracknell LtCol Robert G
Subject: Draft Report -- final to be delivered tomorrow

This will help both sides get a jump start tomorrow on resolving this case.

Summary of my rec:  this is not a GCM case because the Article 120 and related sexual assault-type offenses are unprovable through the testimony of 1stLt Klay, and there is insufficient independent corroboration to shore up her testimony.  Moreover, there is a problem with the charging theory on the element of force -- the acts alleged by the government do not constitute "force" within the meaning of the sexual assault statutes.  Capt Rowe rates punishment for a handful of lesser offenses at a lower forum and should be separated from the Marine Corps, but not through the means of a GCM.

You can reach me after tomorrow at my gmail address or my usmc.mil address.  I will join at New River Friday morning.

s/f,
rgb

--

Butch Bracknell