From: Mack Waters <mackh2os@yahoo.com>
To: ogc@navy.mil
Sent: Mon, May 30, 2011 1:45:41 PM
Subject: LtCol Waters' Emergency Request for Delay in Retirement Pending Formal Complaint

Office of the General Counsel:

My name is LtCol McClendon "Mack" Waters, 421-08-6919, and I am scheduled to retire from Marine Corps active duty in 34 hours (01 June 2011).

In December 2010, I submitted a voluntary retirement request in lieu of a board of inquiry after CG, MCCDC imposed NJP on me for Article 133 (Conduct Unbecoming).  On 04 April 2011, Assistant Secretary of the Navy (Manpower and Reserve Affairs) approved CG, MCCDC and DC, M&RA endorsements recommending that I be retired in a lesser grade.

I have reason to believe my case was mishandled at multiple levels and intend to address potential procedural defects via the Board of Corrections for Naval Records (BCNR) process.  However, new information--recently provided to my counsel by a key witness--raises deep concerns of possible prejudicial activity and unlawful command influence by individuals responsible for handling and disposing of my case.  Also, the new information provided and items addressed in my draft BCNR package may identify systemic problems regarding Marine Corps ethics, policy, and law when conducting the investigative, disciplinary, and separation processes.

I originally sent notice to the IG of the Marine Corps, but my understanding now is that only the separation authority has the power to take action.  Therefore, I request an emergency delay in my retirement until I can formally present grievances to SECNAV.

My administrative headquarters is Marine Cryptologic Support Battalion, Fort Meade, Maryland.

I will follow-up this email with a phone call to your office.

Very Respectfully,

M. N. WATERS, III

Lieutenant Colonel, USMC

(240) 319-6962