From: Card Maj Edward T
Sent: Monday, May 16, 2011 20:35
To: Fitzgerald Col Timothy W; Reynolds Col Lori E; Franks Maj James R; O'Connell SgtMaj Neil; Mills SgtMaj Darryl G; Pravongviengkham Capt Thano; Hanson Maj Amede I; Hanson Maj Dane; lupusnovae@gmail.com; Christina Card (chris.card@gmail.com); Boe LT Dana L; Ed Card (ed.card@comcast.net); Haytham Faraj (haytham@puckettfaraj.com); Bell Mr Wayne R; Blackwell Capt Andrew D; Cantu 1stSgt Jason M; Hanson Maj Amede I; Jones MSgt Paul L; Mills SgtMaj Darryl G; Powell SSgt Valerie A; Sifuentes MGySgt Raymundo; Steer GySgt Allan L; Stieglitz Capt Paul A; Tamarez SSgt Alana J; John Ross (john.ross@amgeneral.com); Rashidi MD (robert.rashidi@med.navy.mil); Meurer 1stLt Clayton D; Workman Maj Adam J; Kessel Maj Adam K; Blackwell Capt Andrew D; Bates 1stLt David J; Baehr Capt James S; Raddigan Maj Marty L OPS; Stieglitz Capt Paul A; Pravongviengkham Capt Thano; Thano Provang (tpravong@gmail.com); Malik Col John C III; Fitzgerald Col Timothy W; Kyzer Gunner Vincent H; Hawkins GySgt Alfred J ; Steer GySgt Allan L; Aguirrecardenas GySgt Gabriel; Smith GySgt Jermaine A; Hubbell LtCol Colt J; Weinmann LtCol Douglas S; Davies LtCol Evan W; Morris LtCol Jason L; White LtCol Ryder A; Hanson Maj Amede I; Foster LtCol Brian W; Franks Maj James R; Wilbur Maj Michael S; Rogers Major Timothy W; Anderson Maj Bradley W; bradanderson2002@yahoo.com; Estelle MGySgt Craig A; Hood Maj William D; USMC MGySgt R. Sifuentes (rsifue4513@aol.com); Lynch MSgt Mark S; Jones MSgt Paul L; Cruz MSgt Vincent R; Reed Sgt Calvin B; Jones Sgt Steven R; Tamarez SSgt Alana J; Heck SSgt Jayson; Arnold GySgt Jeremy A; Weber Vale; Wendie Vale (wendiev1@verizon.net); john.ross@me.com; Orellana LtColO-5 Rene; Knight Col Darric M; Wright LtCol Donald R; Wright LtCol Brian P; 'Wright LtCol Donald R. (RC(SW) I MHG FWD CO)'; Baehr Capt James S; Workman Maj Adam J; Rivera GySgt Ruben; Feagin GySgt Raynard
Subject: Dismissal of Charges + Specs ICO US v Card

From:  Maj Ted Card, USMC
  To:  Mom; Dad; Alex; Chris; Haytham; John; Weber; Susan; Colonel Reynolds; Colonel Fitzgerald; Colonel Shupp; Colonel Malik; Colonel Knight; LtCol Hubbell; Maj Jim Franks; Maj Amede Hanson; Maj Dane Hanson; Maj Brian Foster; Maj Mike Wilbur; Maj Tim Rogers; Maj Brad Anderson; Maj Adam Workman; Capt Jim Baehr; Capt Thano Pravong; Gunner V. Kyzer; Lt Aguirrecardenas; SgtMaj O'Connell; MGySgt Estelle; MGySgt Sifuentes; SgtMaj Mills; MSgt Vince Cruz; MSgt Paul Jones; MSgt Lynch; GySgt J. Smith; GySgt Feagin; GySgt Rivera; SSgt Heck; & SSgt Arnold

ALL - I just received (at DTG 16 1712U MAY 11) official notification that IMEF/CG (the Court Martial Convening Authority) has dismissed without prejudice, the Charge & Specifications regarding alleged violation of UCMJ Article 118 on June 7th, 2004, in the case of United States vs. Major E.T. Card, Jr., USMC.

Because, I wanted to get this out in a timely manner, I haven't really prepared any 'deep-thoughts' or reflections to go along with this message...

But there is one thought, which almost immediately came into my head...  I must extend my most sincere thanks to all those addressees in 'To:' Line (my Bosses, Mentors, Family, and Friends).

You've been with me, in most cases, since this odyssey began; when I was initially detained & questioned by the NCIS on 17 June 2009.  Since then, I've been the recipient of your sympathetic counsel, strong leadership, and your concerned friendship.  But the most important thing, which I've witnessed in all of you, has been your fidelity.  Never once, was I concerned about actually being convicted, relative to this accusation - I knew that eventually truth would prevail.  For these past two years, I've considered it my job to do a good job for IMHG, keep-my-mouth-shut, not fall-apart, not whine/complain, suck-it-up, and just endure the 'process.'  Although it has been a slight bit painful (not being permitted to deploy to AFG; assignment to billets, at the Group-level, for which I had never received training; having promotion withheld; etc.), there was an important reason I was able to remain confident -- your concerned, steadfast support.  I was always sub-consciously aware of support coming from all of you fine Marines and Marine-family-members in the 'To:' Line.  Thank you, so much.

I guess the question some of you may ask is, "what's next, Ted?"  Well, what's next is:
a) rectify questions concerning my Security Clearance;
b) contacting the Monitor because, I've been on-station 48months - and, I'm pretty sure he'll want me to move somewhere; then,
c) requesting retroactive promotion and one year's back-pay from HQMC (via IMEF)

Best Regards & Thanks,
Major Ted Card, USMC
Adjutant, I M.E.F. Headquarters Group
http://imefwss.nmci.usmc.mil/imhg/default.aspx