RE: Lopez: Motions Deadline

Capt Tilney,

LtCol Robinson called me to chat about this and another case.  I told him that Defense really just wants to move the motions deadline and want to be able to give trial counsel enough time to respond before the 39a on 5 May.

He stated that whatever we agree to as to your response date is good with him (moving the 39a would be a different matter and is not what we want).

So, we propose 28 April for the motions deadline and 4 May as the response deadline.  Therefore, responses would be due the day before the 39a.

If you agree, please reply accordingly and I'll forward to the judge.

Semper fidelis,

Bret A. White
Captain, U.S. Marine Corps
Defense Counsel