Thank your representative for standing up for Michigan families

Title: ACLU

View this email online.

ACLU of MichiganTake Action!

Dear Haytham,

capitol.jpg

Thank your representative for helping all Michigan families stay healthy.

It’s not every day that you have an opportunity to thank a politician for standing up for what’s right.

Last week, the Michigan House of Representatives voted on Senate Concurrent Resolution 9 (SCR 9), a legislative measure to prevent state employees from adding one non-related adult to their health benefits.

Thank Rep. Darany  for voting against SCR 9 and standing up for all Michigan families.

In late January, the Michigan Civil Service Commission and Michigan unions approved a collective bargaining agreement that allows state employees to add an unmarried partner to their health care plan.

We believe SCR 9 sets a dangerous precedent. Our legislators should not be allowed to disrupt the separation of powers that are protected by our state Constitution.

The decision to extend health benefits is not only lawful, but it’s the right decision for families. Our state is stronger when everyone has access to health insurance coverage.

Tell Rep. George T. Darany you agree and support the efforts to stop this abuse of power.

If we’re going to truly work to move Michigan forward, we cannot afford to take this significant step backwards.

Sincerely,

Shelli Weisberg, ACLU of Michigan Legislative Director

We’re all American

Join ACLU of MIConserving America's original civic values — those found in the Constitution and Bill of Rights — is our job. By protecting these original values, we defend the rights of everyone in this country. We have hundreds of thousands of members and supporters nationwide, from all walks of life, who help us carry out our mission every day. If you are not already a member, please join the ACLU.

This email was sent by the ACLU of MI to haytham@puckettfaraj.com. Forward this message to a friend.
We value your privacy. Read our Privacy Statement online. If you no longer wish to receive these updates or would like to modify your subscription preferences, visit the Subscriber Center.

© American Civil Liberties Union of Michigan
2966 Woodward Avenue · Detroit, MI 48201

www.aclumich.org · aclu@aclumich.org · p: 313.578.6800