RE: Members Letters for Clemency ICO US v. Wacker

Chris,

It is unclear as to whether Col Brubaker is going to do a recommendation to the CA. He only MUST when there is a BCD or confinement for one year. Based on what his office told you regarding 1105/1106 matters, I am under the impression that he is submitting a recommendation. If so, this is the information that I think he, the SJA, should consider prior to writing a letter to the CG. The CG is not supposed to take action until the time periods under RCM 1105(c) have expired or the accused has waived the right to present matters under RCM 1105(d) (See RCM 1107(b)(2)). There is no formal ROT in this case, so I will start counting from the receipt of the worksheets 23 March 2011 (or 21 March 2011, if you count the CD ROMs of trial). If the SJA does a recommendation, then it is that date, plus 10 days.

I have my OMPF: FitReps, Awards, etc., and the letter from Maj Lee, still working on getting letters from LtCol Shaw, LtCol McCarthy, and Maj Serano. Additionally, I may have a polygraph done in the next week. I will also have the clemency letter done as a cover for the package.

So, I would give the MWHS-3 CO and the SJA the previously included attachments and I will have the other matters ready to submit. I have everything printed out, so I will just have to make additional copies.

S/F

Doug

Douglas S. Wacker
Captain, USMC
Future Operations Officer
MWHS-3, 3D MAW
douglas.wacker@usmc.mil
Wk: 858-577-6730
DSN: 267-6730
Cell: 858-401-9392

"Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results." ~George S. Patton