[no subject]

BFP Barry F. Poulson  b.poulson@computer.org  http://www.poulson.com=20

--- On Fri, 3/11/11, Hoort, Judge <dhoort@ioniacounty.org> wrote:

> From: Hoort, Judge <dhoort@ioniacounty.org>
> Subject: Off Topic---Upcoming Court of Appeals' appointments
> To: "Gretchen Schlaff" <Gretchen.Schlaff@macombcountymi.gov>, "Michael =
Gordner" <mgordnerlaw@bellnet.ca>, "John Boufford" <john@bouffordlaw.com>, =
"Richmond Riggs" <rriggs@co.genesee.mi.us>, "Abed Hammoud" <ahammoud@co.way=
ne.mi.us>, "Angela Povilaitis" <apovila@co.wayne.mi.us>, "Julie Powell" =
<jpowell1@co.wayne.mi.us>, "Barry Poulson" <b.poulson@computer.org>, =
"Donna McKneelen" <mckneeld@cooley.edu>, "Samuel Smith" <smiths@courts.mi.g=
ov>, "Jr. Donald E. McGinnis" <dmcginnis@dmcginnis.com>, "Daniel Corrigan =
Grano" <dgrano@floodlawcenter.com>, "Nichole Jongsma Derks" <nderks@fosters=
wift.com>, "Jenna Bonmarito" <lawofficeassistant1@gmail.com>, "John =
Livesay" <livesayj48@gmail.com>, "John Freeman" <formerfedlawyer@hotmail.co=
m>, "Kimberley Reed Thompson" <kdrr@hotmail.com>, "Erika Julien" <esjulien@=
julienlaw.com>, "J. McKay" <Kevin.McKay@kentcountymi.gov>, "Carrie =
Sharlow" <CSHARLOW@mail.michbar.org>, "James Heath" <HeathJ@michigan.gov>, =
"Haytham Faraj"
<haytham@puckettfaraj.com>, "Adam Mittman" <miattorney@tds.net>, "Timothy =
Havis" <hlopllc@yahoo.com>, "John Jarema" <johnajarema@yahoo.com>, "Paul =
Bukowski" <paulbukowski@yahoo.com>
> Cc: "Elizabeth Lyon" <ELYON@mail.michbar.org>
> Date: Friday, March 11, 2011, 12:29 PM
> The Governor's office has announced
> that they are accepting applications
> to fill the two vacancies created in the Court of Appeals
> by the
> resignation of Richard Bandstra (3rd District) and the
> appointment of
> Brian Zahra (1st District) to the Supreme Court.
>=20
> I am applying for appointment to the 3rd District seat and
> would greatly
> appreciate your support for this endeavor and long time
> dream of mine. =20
>=20
> I apologize for contacting you in this manner but, with the
> deadline
> being March 18, 2011, there is a fairly short window.
>=20
> Without being presumptuous, I would hope that my resume and
> work in the
> prosecutor's office, in private practice, and as a judge in
> the district
> and circuit courts is the diversified and experienced
> approach needed in
> the appellate courts.  I would also assert that the
> appointment of a
> small county trial judge would further add balance to the
> Court of
> Appeals.
>=20
> As I'm sure you know, the Governor's Legal Counsel is Mike
> Gadola and
> letters of endorsement can also go to Cheri Arwood,
> Executive
> Administrator, Office of Governor Rick Snyder, Legal
> Division [Fax:
> (517) 335-6196]
>=20
> Let me know if you want or need a copy of my resume.
>=20
> Again, I apologize if this offends anyone, but I did not
> want to forgo
> contacting the attorneys who know me and have a significant
> interest in
> who is appointed to this position.
>=20
>=20
> Judge David A. Hoort
> 8th Judicial Circuit Court
> http://judgedavidhoort.blogspot.com/=20
>=20
> "[T]he question of whether sick people are to be treated
> for their
> illness or punished for it, is a question which touches the
> very heart
> of judicial consciousness of a civilized system of
> jurisprudence.  If,
> perchance, the parties or counsel fail to raise the matter
> our courts
> cannot close their eyes to so important a matter."=20
> People v Griffes, 13
> Mich App 299, 306 (1968).
>=20

--=__Part92BEACF1.17__=

<HTML><HEAD>
<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.6000.16809" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY style=3D"MARGIN: 4px 4px 1px; FONT: 10pt Tahoma">
<DIV>I agree!</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Donna<BR><BR>&gt;&gt;&gt; Barry Poulson &lt;barrypoulson@yahoo.com&gt;=
 3/11/2011 1:07 PM &gt;&gt;&gt;<BR>From my brief experience with J. Hoort =
on the bar crim/pro committee, it would be good to see some balance on the =
COA as to the mundane issues of trial, guilt, and innocence. He has a =
discerning eye, having quickly indentified me as a rabble rouseer, and a =
knack for finding common ground between those who, like myself, practice =
freedom and those, like my esteemed opponents, who practice the caging of =
human beings. All we ask from courts is fairness, and with J. Hoort, we =
could find it.<BR><BR>BFP Barry F. Poulson&nbsp; b.poulson@computer.org&nbs=
p; <A href=3D"http://www.poulson.com";>http://www.poulson.com</A><BR><BR><BR=
>--- On Fri, 3/11/11, Hoort, Judge &lt;dhoort@ioniacounty.org&gt; =
wrote:<BR><BR>&gt; From: Hoort, Judge &lt;dhoort@ioniacounty.org&gt;<BR>&gt=
; Subject: Off Topic---Upcoming Court of Appeals' appointments<BR>&gt; To: =
"Gretchen Schlaff" &lt;Gretchen.Schlaff@macombcountymi.gov&gt;, "Michael =
Gordner" &lt;mgordnerlaw@bellnet.ca&gt;, "John Boufford" &lt;john@bouffordl=
aw.com&gt;, "Richmond Riggs" &lt;rriggs@co.genesee.mi.us&gt;, "Abed =
Hammoud" &lt;ahammoud@co.wayne.mi.us&gt;, "Angela Povilaitis" &lt;apovila@c=
o.wayne.mi.us&gt;, "Julie Powell" &lt;jpowell1@co.wayne.mi.us&gt;, "Barry =
Poulson" &lt;b.poulson@computer.org&gt;, "Donna McKneelen" &lt;mckneeld@coo=
ley.edu&gt;, "Samuel Smith" &lt;smiths@courts.mi.gov&gt;, "Jr. Donald E. =
McGinnis" &lt;dmcginnis@dmcginnis.com&gt;, "Daniel Corrigan Grano" =
&lt;dgrano@floodlawcenter.com&gt;, "Nichole Jongsma Derks" &lt;nderks@foste=
rswift.com&gt;, "Jenna Bonmarito" &lt;lawofficeassistant1@gmail.com&gt;, =
"John Livesay" &lt;livesayj48@gmail.com&gt;, "John Freeman" &lt;formerfedla=
wyer@hotmail.com&gt;, "Kimberley Reed Thompson" &lt;kdrr@hotmail.com&gt;, =
"Erika Julien" &lt;esjulien@julienlaw.com&gt;, "J. McKay" &lt;Kevin.McKay@k=
entcountymi.gov&gt;, "Carrie Sharlow" &lt;CSHARLOW@mail.michbar.org&gt;, =
"James Heath" &lt;HeathJ@michigan.gov&gt;, "Haytham Faraj"<BR>&lt;haytham@p=
uckettfaraj.com&gt;, "Adam Mittman" &lt;miattorney@tds.net&gt;, "Timothy =
Havis" &lt;hlopllc@yahoo.com&gt;, "John Jarema" &lt;johnajarema@yahoo.com&g=
t;, "Paul Bukowski" &lt;paulbukowski@yahoo.com&gt;<BR>&gt; Cc: "Elizabeth =
Lyon" &lt;ELYON@mail.michbar.org&gt;<BR>&gt; Date: Friday, March 11, 2011, =
12:29 PM<BR>&gt; The Governor's office has announced<BR>&gt; that they are =
accepting applications<BR>&gt; to fill the two vacancies created in the =
Court of Appeals<BR>&gt; by the<BR>&gt; resignation of Richard Bandstra =
(3rd District) and the<BR>&gt; appointment of<BR>&gt; Brian Zahra (1st =
District) to the Supreme Court.<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; I am applying for =
appointment to the 3rd District seat and<BR>&gt; would greatly<BR>&gt; =
appreciate your support for this endeavor and long time<BR>&gt; dream of =
mine.&nbsp; <BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; I apologize for contacting you in this =
manner but, with the<BR>&gt; deadline<BR>&gt; being March 18, 2011, there =
is a fairly short window.<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; Without being presumptuous, I =
would hope that my resume and<BR>&gt; work in the<BR>&gt; prosecutor's =
office, in private practice, and as a judge in<BR>&gt; the district<BR>&gt;=
 and circuit courts is the diversified and experienced<BR>&gt; approach =
needed in<BR>&gt; the appellate courts.&nbsp; I would also assert that =
the<BR>&gt; appointment of a<BR>&gt; small county trial judge would =
further add balance to the<BR>&gt; Court of<BR>&gt; Appeals.<BR>&gt; =
<BR>&gt; As I'm sure you know, the Governor's Legal Counsel is Mike<BR>&gt;=
 Gadola and<BR>&gt; letters of endorsement can also go to Cheri Arwood,<BR>=
&gt; Executive<BR>&gt; Administrator, Office of Governor Rick Snyder, =
Legal<BR>&gt; Division [Fax:<BR>&gt; (517) 335-6196]<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; Let =
me know if you want or need a copy of my resume.<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; Again, I =
apologize if this offends anyone, but I did not<BR>&gt; want to forgo<BR>&g=
t; contacting the attorneys who know me and have a significant<BR>&gt; =
interest in<BR>&gt; who is appointed to this position.<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; =
<BR>&gt; Judge David A. Hoort<BR>&gt; 8th Judicial Circuit Court<BR>&gt; =
<A href=3D"http://judgedavidhoort.blogspot.com/";>http://judgedavidhoort.blo=
gspot.com/</A><BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; "[T]he question of whether sick people are =
to be treated<BR>&gt; for their<BR>&gt; illness or punished for it, is a =
question which touches the<BR>&gt; very heart<BR>&gt; of judicial =
consciousness of a civilized system of<BR>&gt; jurisprudence.&nbsp; =
If,<BR>&gt; perchance, the parties or counsel fail to raise the matter<BR>&=
gt; our courts<BR>&gt; cannot close their eyes to so important a matter." =
<BR>&gt; People v Griffes, 13<BR>&gt; Mich App 299, 306 (1968).<BR>&gt; =
<BR><BR><BR><BR></DIV></BODY></HTML>

--=__Part92BEACF1.17__=--