From: Haytham Faraj <haytham@puckettfaraj.com>
To: Baker Col John
Sent: Wed Feb 23 09:17:10 2011
Subject: RE: UCI

John,
It's going great.  The testimony that has come out so far is shocking.  I have three officers who say Smith called Wacker a rapist and psychopath.  She communicated the same information to members of the court-martial.  She also told two lieutenant colonels that he should not occupy a position of responsibility where he can shine because he could turn around and use that as evidence to help himself.  She will be testifying this afternoon.

The UCI is not as strong because we are now at Miramar rather than MCRD.  I argued all along however, that his move effectuates Smith's intent which was to either move him from his job at G3 or off of MCRD altogether.  My argument was confirmed by LtCOl Trapp and LtCol Bond.  Bond was her XO and fought me the entire time but came off looking like a liar and had no choice but to admit that Smith didnât want Wacker in a position where he can do extraordinary work.  He also admitted on the stand that if he were the accused given all the facts, he would not have confidence that the system would work to get him a fair trial.  LtCol Trapp clearly doesn't care for her style.  He is a decorated infantry officer who has lots of credibility and confirmed that she told him the same thing.

By the way, it appears that the Marine Corps has done nothing to investigate Smith.  They only interviewed her.  There is no ongoing IG investigation.  I will do everything I can to bring this story out if the Marine Corps doesn't take action.  When this case is over, I will be contacting Col Keating, the Executive Assistant to SECNAV to get word to him about the Marine Corps' failures.  I am shocked that the Marine Corps is ignoring her abuses.