Re: New Editor on the WordPress Admin Site

Roger. We should discuss this week sometime. Just got word Hashimy payment was sent out so pls BOLO.

Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

From: Atwood Marcy <marcy@puckettfaraj.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2011 10:40:10 -0500
To: Eric Montalvo<eric@puckettfaraj.com>
Cc: Neal Puckett<neal@puckettfaraj.com>; Haytham Faraj<haytham@puckettfaraj.com>
Subject: New Editor on the WordPress Admin Site

Eric, I get notifications of changes on the back side of the Law Firm website.  I see that you registered as an "Editor" on the Law Firm WordPress account on Feb 11. The actions allowed by Editor and the abilities are summarized below.  Does this mean you are going to blog on the website yourself?  If so, I would suggest some training.  It isn't as intuitive as I'd like it to be and there are guidelines and techniques that optimize the effort to do the blogging and SN.

Since the inception of just the Military Law side of the website, Neal has posted 19 times, Haytham 11, and I've posted 101 times.  As I said, it's a bit tricky and Neal and I took a VA Bar CLE on Social Networking and got the guidelines for blogging, what to say and not to say to stay within the VA Bar ethics rules.  Additionally, Neal and I continually work with Micah to tweak how we write and specifically, what words we use to maximize the google search and increase the organic ratings. (This results in what I consider bad english grammar in the blogs to ensure that Google "sees" the site and boosts the organic search).   I use all of these guidelines and techniques when I write up the blogs.  It's just not the blogging, it requires connecting the blog to other social network websites through the Law Firm accounts to boost the links to the Law Firm website, resulting in higher google rankings. I can give you all of the social network logins.

So I would suggest some training on the Firm's current procedures and style (including compliance with VA Bar ethics) and to help to optimize your efforts.

WordPress Functions:  Editor - Somebody who can publish and manage posts and pages as well as manage other users' posts, etc.

Marcelyn Atwood
Business Manager

The Law Firm of Puckett & Faraj, PC
1800 Diagonal Road, Suite 210
Alexandria, VA 22314

703-706-9566 ; FAX 202-318-7652 ; marcy@puckettfaraj.com
Please View our Website:  www.puckettfaraj.com
The information contained in this electronic message is confidential, and is intended for the use of the individual or entity named above. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, you are hereby notified that any use, distribution, copying of disclosure of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you received this communication in error, please notify Puckett & Faraj, P.C. at 703-706-9566 or via a return the e-mail to sender.  You are required to purge this E-mail immediately without reading or making any copy or distribution.