Maj Card has read through the Discovery

Haytham -
It's a bit after midnight, here in California...
"oh, my gosh..." is all I can think of to say...
I've just read through (skimmed a lot of it, because it was so repetitious)
the Discovery CD-ROM, which Capt Jim Baehr[sp?] provided to me, approx. 1630
this afternoon.

This appears to be very, very damning evidence (statements)...
Haytham, if I were some other "Infantry Marine Corps Major," and I did not
know anything about Ted Card, and I had been tasked to read through this
material, then here's what I would believe --
    -I would think this Card-guy shot an incapacitated, wounded Iraqi male
in the head with a 9mm pistol, from point-blank range.
    -I would believe some members of his Jump CP saw this happen, and some
of the Marines did not (likely, because they did not have a good vantage
point).
    -I would believe this Card-guy to be some sort of animal, whose disdain
for the UCMJ, the Law of War, and common decency was so virulent, that he
routinely acted with brazen impunity
    -I would further believe that this Card-guy had been strenuously advised
against traveling on Ramadi's 'Race Track' (North of Rt. Michigan) - a Black
Route - by those junior officers garrisoned within the Combat Outpost.
    -I would believe that this Card-guy had been summarily fired from his
duties, following this attack, and sent elsewhere because; his conduct was
an embarrassment to the Division.
    -I would believe that General Mattis likely knew of something nefarious
stirring within his Jump CP; and, that he offered Marines the opportunity to
escape the unit (e.g., escape the incompetence of this Card-guy)
    -I would believe that General Mattis, thinks very little of this
Card-guy
    -I would believe that General Dunford was/is indifferent to the whole
matter; and, that he only hesitantly assigned this Card-guy to run the Jump
CP
    -I would believe select members of the Jump CP may have been drugged,
following this incident, so their memories would be effectively repressed

Haytham, the concepts illustrated within the bullets above are what that
evidence explains...

Haytham, considering all of the above...  I've got to tell you, I'm a bit
tense now...
I'm not scared, not suicidal, and not too paranoid.
But, I cannot see how this will not end-up at Courts Martial.
Then, I'm considering how much more agony my Mom & Dad are going to have to
endure...
I foresee being plagued with lifelong indebtedness, my family being
humiliated and, if I'm not convicted then certainly I'll be dismissed from
the Officer ranks...
I may be getting a bit worked-up, at this late hour... but, the NCIS seems
to have done a surprisingly thorough job, asking Marines very-leading
questions, and painting me as one of the most despicable officers to ever
wear a uniform (similar to Second Lieutenant William Calley, in Vietnam).

Haytham, when you see this in the morning... please tell me something.

Thanks, Ted

MAJOR EDWARD THOMAS CARD, JR., USMC
S1 Adjutant, I MHG, I MEF
(760) 696-0136 - Mobile