Site Visit to New Orleans

Gentlemen,

Upon hearing from Chris at 1000 that he and Capt Gray have been given a "direct order" by LtCol Sullivan to not leave on the site visit in my case until the Ad/Sep Board is completed I cannot fly out today at 1230 and expect Chris and Nick to make it down there. It will cost me several hundred dollars in airfare and hotels to go down, in addition to taking leave. We can only speculate how long the Board will take and if they can't fly down for a day or two, it will adversely affect what we hoped to accomplish.

I am going to wait until the Board is completed and then we need to plan a future visit prior to trial. The problem is that with the trial less than 3 weeks away, I am probably going to have to spend extra money since the airfare is cheapest at 3 weeks out.

It doesn't seem right that the senior trial counsel in my case can be "ordering" the defense counsel in my case. I understand the circumstances with the Marine's EAS, but to force it, after the Government screwed up the airfare for him to come to San Diego, I shouldn't be the one to suffer consequences. I think we need to talk to the Judge and let him know what LtCol Sullivan is effectively doing by inhibiting my defense counsel to make the visit to New Orleans that has been approved and scheduled a couple of months in advance.

S/F

Doug

--
Douglas S. Wacker