RE: Defense discovery request regarding: US v Wacker- Govt witness list

Mr. Faraj,

Thank you for your response.

With regard to Dr. Leininger, however, please be aware that I may be addressing the issue of your current intention to preclude us from talking to him prior to trial (yet retain the option of calling him as a witness) with the military judge via an appropriate motion. You have had ample time to consult confidentially with Dr. Leininger. The discovery and motions provided by the defense have already indicated your intent to call him as a witness. His testimony is potentially complex and may require a lengthy pre-trial interview, which may potentially require some follow-up research regarding his expected testimony. Finally, the deadline for witness lists is an order of the court.

Please let me know if your position regarding Dr. Leininger remains unchanged (or if my interpretation of your last email is incorrect), so I can decide whether to take appropriate action with the court.

Very Respectfully,
Captain Evan S. Day
Judge Advocate
Joint Law Center
3D MAW/MCAS Miramar
P.O. Box 452013
San Diego, CA 92145-2013
Comm: (858) 577-1862
DSN: 267-1862
evan.s.day@usmc.mil

Classification: UNCLASSIFIED//LIMDIS
This e-mail is FOR OFFICIAL USE ONLY and is exempt from mandatory disclosure under FOIA. DoD 5400.7R, "DoD Freedom of Information Act Program", DoD Directive 5230.9, "Clearance of DoD Information for Public Release", and DoD Instruction 5230.29,  and "Security and Policy Review of DoD Information for Public Release".
ATTORNEY-CLIENT PRIVILEGED COMMUNICATION OR ATTORNEY WORK PRODUCT. The information contained in this message is privileged. It is intended only to be read by the individual or entity addressed or their designee. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are on notice that any distribution of this message, in any form, is prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please immediately notify the sender and delete or destroy any copy of this message.